compact amp'd Nano
Apr 6, 2010 at 7:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

K2e2vin

100+ Head-Fier
Right now I have a 5g Nano and Super.fi 5 IEMs. I want to try out the FiiO E1 but I do not like how it sticks out the bottom, and I also have a hard-case which I don't want to take off since I use my iPod for working out and daily activities(my 4g Nano I had prior, was dropped plenty of times). I like the design of the E1 since it's just small and compact.

What I was looking to do is find a very short dock extension cable(which I have no luck with right now), hook that up to the Ridax charge converter with USB, and the E1 hooked up to that. The charge converter and E1 would be banded to the back of the iPod.

The only reason for the Ridax charge converter is the USB connector; I'm thinking it'll simplify charging and syncing a little, and/or even possibly hook up a back-up battery for extended play. I think it will also allow me to use the iPod while it's charging(which I do pretty often after trips). This is also why I want to go with the E1 route; no need to charge a second battery. Anyone have experience with these?

Main things I'm looking for:
-Is there anyone that makes a short(like 1-2in) dock extension cable for a reasonable price?
-Any alternatives to the Ridax usb charge converter? I don't really have use for the charge-converting part but will it work OK? Pretty much looking for a pass-through connector with USB( I think Kensington had something like that but it's discontinued).
-Is there a better route to go that will fit my needs?

Thanks, Kevin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back