Comort mods for the M-Audio Q40s
Jul 21, 2009 at 2:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

BaudlyDamage

100+ Head-Fier
I recently purchased a pair of M-Audio Q40s from another head-fier and they sound excellent. My only problem with these headphones is the lack of comfort. Specifically i am looking for mods which would increase the comfort level of the earphones. Where i need help is the ear-pads. Ive heard that some beyer pads fit, if so which ones and how would they effect sound? Thanks for your help everyone!

Jul 21, 2009 at 3:17 PM Post #3 of 4
They had quite a bit of clamp for me. However I have a very big head. I did bend out the headband and that isnt nearly as bad. I just dont like them being pressed against my ears so hard. would earpad moding help with this? Bowl pads are interesting in that sense.

Jul 21, 2009 at 5:13 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by BaudlyDamage /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They had quite a bit of clamp for me. However I have a very big head. I did bend out the headband and that isnt nearly as bad. I just dont like them being pressed against my ears so hard. would earpad moding help with this? Bowl pads are interesting in that sense.

I've been told that using pads from the DT770 help comfort a lot, I was planning on doing it at one point but decided to save for more cans instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back