Commercials that aren't funny.
Nov 9, 2005 at 8:44 PM Post #16 of 49
Mentos
Save the Children's Fund
Oxfam

or did you mean commercials that are supposed to be funny?
icon10.gif

Nov 9, 2005 at 8:45 PM Post #17 of 49
I would have to say the current BK commercials, as it has been mentioned earlier and pictured below the King doesn't say anything as if he was mute and the mask just looks dumb.

Nov 9, 2005 at 8:53 PM Post #18 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by archosman
Thecreepyburgerking.jpg

where was that scene from? looks like a caption from "Exorcist: The Beginning".

forgot to add in my all-time most annoying commercial (don't know how I forgot it before), the yogurt commercial with the two women who say the yogurt is as good as something else. Everytime I see it, I mutter at the end "punching your ugly face good".

Nov 9, 2005 at 9:00 PM Post #19 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisfromalbany
i don't know about you all but local commerical are the worst be far. They are played to death and have some of the dumbiest slogon on TV. Car dealers tend to be the worst.

[size=large]Where you always get a free onion!!![/size]
It's everything that I could hope for when purchasing a dinette set.

Nov 9, 2005 at 9:19 PM Post #20 of 49
the worst have to be those local commercials the owner's wife wrote, where they drag their ugly-ass kids in to shriek their slogan incoherently in unison.

Nov 9, 2005 at 10:16 PM Post #21 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiwiclx
I lol'ed.

For some reason whenever someone says they're from Fresno I say it "Fres-NO." Mmm... raisins. ;d

eggosmile.gif

Nov 9, 2005 at 10:16 PM Post #22 of 49
Those vehix.com commercials aren't really unfunny, they just make me change the channel without thinking twice. They're all exactly the same and so unbelievably boring. Man I hate them.

In the "trying-to-be-funny-and-failing" department, one of those other car websites takes my vote. The ones where the people are trying to see if the used cars are safe to use via methods you'd use when interviewing a person.

Nov 9, 2005 at 11:30 PM Post #23 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by EyeAmEye
forgot to add in my all-time most annoying commercial (don't know how I forgot it before), the yogurt commercial with the two women who say the yogurt is as good as something else. Everytime I see it, I mutter at the end "punching your ugly face good".

OMG i'm with you, man.

that and the awful andie mcdowell makeup ads. she can't even act her way out of a 30-second commercial!

oh and the moisturizer ads with john travolta's creepy scienfreakingtologist wife. i will never buy anything from a scienfreakintologist.

Nov 9, 2005 at 11:57 PM Post #24 of 49
Any commercial where a bald middle aged white man in glasses with a paunch and wearing a short sleeved button down shirt is shown up by a twentynothing faux hipster. Now that I've pointed it out to you, you'll see them everywhere........

Nov 9, 2005 at 11:59 PM Post #25 of 49
Right now, the radio commercials that make me want to hurt children are those ones advertising NBC's TV shows with those looser people just talking about how great each show is and their lame storylines. Every time I hear them in my car, I want to hit a wall
mad.gif

Nov 10, 2005 at 12:18 AM Post #26 of 49
For me the absolute worst commercials are the drug commercials that promote drugs without telling you what they are for.
They are attempting to create a desire/demand for a product without telling anyone what the product does.
"Hey, we're selling a new drug! It's stylish, it's sexy. You NEED this. Ask your doctor." (What is it? What does it do? None of your damn business, just go buy it!)

Nov 10, 2005 at 12:29 AM Post #27 of 49
Current hate goes to the Dodge "Hemi" guys. The new one where he jumps onto the truck carrier and blows the tarp off onto his friend in the junked out old car which then goes careening off the road. So unfunny. Not that any of the "hey is that thing a Hemi" commercials were funny either. Sadly they make everyone think "Hemi" is a superb thing because these two dumb rednecks in a beat up old muscle car are impressed.

I'll agree with the T-mobile salesperson love ads, and they're getting worse. The guy pulling out the gum (unwrapped) was moderately funny, the guy with the tattoo is just gutwrenchingly bad.

Funny commercials: The kid selling girl scout cookies who tells the woman off with the new car (granted after about the third time seeing it I wanted to harm the child but it was still funny.)

Quizno's Baby: The real baby is actually a girl. (not funny just another level of oddity and it doesn't really have an effect on me, I already like Quizno's though.)

Ooh for local commercials we have a real contender here in the Tampa market. "Bay City Plywood". Their trademark for years has been the three short fat owners laughing very loudly while crouching and crossing their hands across their knees. I've known since I was 8 years old that I would never ever buy a single thing from that place.

Nov 10, 2005 at 5:06 AM Post #28 of 49
For me, the "Focus Factor" vitamin commercials drive me up the wall

"Free?! Free?! You're giving it away--FREE?!?!"

I HATE THOSE PEOPLE.

The worst thing is, I watch "Up to the Minute" news on CBS in the morning while I get ready for work, and they play that blasted thing 3 or 4 times in the course of 30-45 minutes.

It's a good thing at that time of day I haven't had coffee yet, or the remote might sail thru the TV.

I've thought every now and then that I'd call my local CBS station and complain...

Nov 10, 2005 at 9:39 AM Post #29 of 49
So everyone here is sat watching their choice TV show and along comes
a commercial break and you still keep listening??
blink.gif

As for my own tastes the novelty of add break wore off loooooong ago.
I cannot remember the last time I heard the sound of a tv add.
The mute button is my best friend.
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back