Comments on ATH M50?Also thinking about the Denon 2000 now!
Dec 20, 2008 at 8:56 PM Post #17 of 35
Ok i own the KSC-35 and i think the sound is amazing. Sometimes the sound is too airy and sometimes the very low frequencies are missing. I like bass but all in all a balanced sound that is fun to listen too but still very detailed.

Ich hope that is possible....
redface.gif

Dec 20, 2008 at 9:10 PM Post #18 of 35
I just got a pair of the M-50's and I really like them. I don't really have that great a point of reference though seeing as how they are my first pair of good quality headphones. Right now I'm listening to a Buddy Rich SACD through my laptop and I think they sound pretty good. a couple downsides to them though is that they clamp rather tight (not uncomfortably so, but I also have a small head), and you're ears tend to sweat a little after long use, but I suppose that's probably regular for closed phones. Overall I would recommend them.

Dec 20, 2008 at 10:24 PM Post #19 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by LaserWolf /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just got a pair of the M-50's and I really like them. I don't really have that great a point of reference though seeing as how they are my first pair of good quality headphones. Right now I'm listening to a Buddy Rich SACD through my laptop and I think they sound pretty good. a couple downsides to them though is that they clamp rather tight (not uncomfortably so, but I also have a small head), and you're ears tend to sweat a little after long use, but I suppose that's probably regular for closed phones. Overall I would recommend them.

Studio monitor headphones usually clamp tight since the users need isolation. As you go up from the M50, you'll find that other closed headphones are pretty comfortable. In some cases, the comfort is superb (D2000).

Dec 21, 2008 at 12:51 AM Post #21 of 35
Ok, are there any people out there enjoying the M50 with just listeing to them and not working or DJing or whatever. Just sitting down and listening or using the DAP with it.

So far there are not enought reasons for me to buy another pair. What is really better for Reggae, Rap, Electro, for portable use (with DAP) and sealed for not screwing up the others ?
confused.gif

Give me some more experiences...

Dec 21, 2008 at 1:11 AM Post #23 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by DICC /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok, are there any people out there enjoying the M50 with just listeing to them and not working or DJing or whatever. Just sitting down and listening or using the DAP with it.

So far there are not enought reasons for me to buy another pair. What is really better for Reggae, Rap, Electro, for portable use (with DAP) and sealed for not screwing up the others ?
confused.gif

Give me some more experiences...

Dude the M50 were born for Bass. I am sure you would like them infact the bass of the M50 can even be compared to the DT770 from what I have heard I highly doubt you will ever need more bass than those M50. Its very luxurious and stylish to. Its extremely comfortable though makes you sweat. But one of the most comfortable cans ever built.

Trust me you would like them a whole lot, and if you speaking of Rap and Reggae well boy ow boy the M50 was born for that kind of music.

Dec 21, 2008 at 1:14 AM Post #24 of 35
ive had my m50s for about a two weeks now and think they are great for electronic music. i was looking to upgrade from my px100 to a nice full size can, and after trying the hd485 and pioneer m390 I ended up getting the m50 and am glad I did. The bass is great, it extends really deep and has a good amount of impact. The mids are more upfront, which is nice for vocals and it makes snare drums really snap. The treble seems pretty flat to me, not bright, plenty of detail and is not sibliant unless its in the recording and even then they can be forgiving. The soundstage isnt huge, but its there.
There are fairly comfortable, a little tight at first, but can wear them for a hour before needing to give the ears a break.

I primaraly listen to drum + bass, house, and trip hop.
My source is a Onkyo DX-7555.

Dec 21, 2008 at 10:01 PM Post #27 of 35
Quote:

Informed myself a little more, but still hardto decide if the M50 are also amazing for listening to my music or if other phones are better for this... ?

You'll never know, until you try them. Buy them, and if you don't like them, sell them and buy another headphone. You loose a little money, but take that as a rental fee
biggrin.gif

BTW: another good closed headphone is also the German Maestro GMP 250, aka MB Quart QP 250.

Dec 21, 2008 at 11:51 PM Post #28 of 35
Now i discovered the DT770 in the 2005 Edition and i am curious how the sound compares to the ATH M50. I was reading that the DT770 Pro is pretty strong in bass and in the highs, but kind of low in the mids. How is it in the 2005 Version?

Dec 22, 2008 at 8:28 AM Post #29 of 35
Quote:

Now i discovered the DT770 in the 2005 Edition and i am curious how the sound compares to the ATH M50. I was reading that the DT770 Pro is pretty strong in bass and in the highs, but kind of low in the mids. How is it in the 2005 Version?

The 2005 consumer edition has a lean bass, clear and airy mids and a lot of treble energy. It's a bright headphone with good soundstage and PRaT.
I never heard the ATH M50....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back