Comments needed for proposed audio setup of new computer build
Mar 6, 2011 at 7:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Rwalker83

New Head-Fier
First Post.

Hello all,

Anyway I am build a new computer and I want good audio setup.

Sources: Zune Pass, Grooveshark, other digital files
Sound Card: Sound Blaster Titanium HD (Have)
Speakers: Corsair SP2500 (Want)
Headphones: Sennheiser HD650 (Ordered)
DAC / AMP: NuForce Icon HDP (Want)
Microphone: Blue Yeti (Ordered)

Good Setup or No?

Suggestions are welcomed. Also how should I hook this all up? I was thinking optical from the Titanium HD to the Icon then hook headphones and speakers to the Icon. Also do I still need a headset. If so I was think of the Sennheiser PC360. Thank you for your time.

Mar 8, 2011 at 7:22 PM Post #3 of 6
Why would you want a headset when you would have far superior headphones and microphone already? I would look at other speaker setups such as audioengine, swans, m-audio, etc.

Mar 8, 2011 at 8:14 PM Post #4 of 6
I was just asking because this is my dream not building again for 5 years project. Anyway I heard that the SP2500 was the best computer speakers, and would be less then 250 maybe 230 on sale. Also I will probably do most of my listening on the HD650s

Mar 8, 2011 at 9:30 PM Post #5 of 6
Get direct digital pass through from your computer to the DAC from your sound card. keep everything in digital format until you are ready to output to speakers themselves.

Mar 9, 2011 at 9:27 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:
I was just asking because this is my dream not building again for 5 years project. Anyway I heard that the SP2500 was the best computer speakers, and would be less then 250 maybe 230 on sale. Also I will probably do most of my listening on the HD650s

They would be ok for gaming but for serious music listening they wouldn't be any good compared to set of proper moniters or hi-fi speakers costing the same amount.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back