Comments from ModWright on WA22
Jan 22, 2010 at 10:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Seamaster

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi Griffin, I first of all want to really thank you for the opportunity to pursue this project for you. This is a REALLY GREAT amp and with the Senn's, sounds better than I have ever heard a headphone amp sound! I had my techs all listen and even the UPS guy and the unanimous reply was WOW!

I have been listening to it off and on this week while I work, being fed via the Transporter, to get a feel for the stock sound of the unit. I intend to open it up before the end of the day and outline my intended upgrades and make a proposal for you.

I am really excited about headphones now and not only want to pursue a mods offering for the Woo products, but will also want to both add headphone outs to our preamps AND design a headphone amp of our own at some point.

I have to say that I don't know that I would prefer to STRICTLY listen to headphones, but they certainly have their place, and when it sounds THIS GOOD, it is an incredible way to enjoy music!

Thanks, an update and proposal to follow later today.

Sincerely,

Dan W.

President, ModWright Instruments Inc (MWI)
modwright.com

The headphone he is using is my balanced HD650 with Equinox cable

To: ModWright
Sent: Fri, January 22, 2010 1:29:21 PM
Subject: RE: Woo Audio 22 headphone Amp Mod

The best part of Woo Audio amp is, these amps have soul.

They REALLY DO! It is quite an accomplishment and if you speak with the designer ever, please pass this along to him from me as a fellow designer. It is not difficult to engineer a functional circuit. Infusing the design with MUSIC and Soul is quite another thing.

Thanks,

Dan

President, ModWright Instruments Inc (MWI)
Modwright - Elegance. Simplicity. Truth. Great audio gear from the ground up, and first class modifications.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can also follow this thread:
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f5/wa2...8/index13.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back