Coming from ShureSE420, newbie needs recs for full sized phones!
Jan 24, 2012 at 4:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

vcapezio

New Head-Fier
So I've used a pair of Shure SE420s for the past three years or so. I'm not an audiophile by any means; I just love music. I loved them for their portability and great sound quality. They don't sound that great to me anymore though, but they're still perfect for walking to class and such. I received a good sum of cash for my 21st birthday and figured it's time to invest in non-IEMs. I was going to go for the SE530s, but I've been taking a look at some other things. 

I don't know much about full sized headphones. I'm willing to spend in the $200-300 range. I was looking at some Sennheiser and Grado headphones (those are the two brands that are in my head), but nothing really caught my eye. I'm in college and they'll be used around my apartment and in the library and such. I want something that's comfortable and slightly stylish..the stuff I was seeing looked reallllly ugly, haha. 

In terms of music, I listen to a lot of post-rock and instrumental stuff. If you don't know what that is, think ambient & atmospheric with big crescendos and such. I also listen to a lot of acoustic music, and varying types of rock..nothing too heavy though. I don't really care about it having a lot of bass, as I seem to lean towards more trebly sounding things. 

I'm sorry if these threads are an overabundance, but I tried looking through things on my own and it's all really confusing. 

Thanks in advance for any help! 

Jan 24, 2012 at 5:43 PM Post #3 of 3

Quote:
I'm in college and they'll be used around my apartment and in the library and such. I want something that's comfortable and slightly stylish..

So, you want a comfortable and efficient headphone with a good look...

Quote:
n terms of music, I listen to a lot of post-rock and instrumental stuff. If you don't know what that is, think ambient & atmospheric with big crescendos and such. I also listen to a lot of acoustic music, and varying types of rock..nothing too heavy though. I don't really care about it having a lot of bass, as I seem to lean towards more trebly sounding things.   

...HFi780 could be fit most of your needs imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back