coming from PFE, going to PK1 - will I be impressed?
Nov 6, 2009 at 9:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

jrazmar

500+ Head-Fier
Any thoughts before I take the plunge? Btw, I will still be keeping my PFE. I just wanted a more convenient way of listening to my music without losing quality. Isolation doesn't matter as long as there's no sound leakage. I'll be using it with either Fuze/Iphone 3G + T4 + E5 for my daily commute and even home listening when I'm bored.

Appreciate your inputs. Thanks.

Nov 7, 2009 at 1:05 AM Post #2 of 10
If you'll search you'd find the PK1 are best amped. Not sure if you're saying that T4 and E5 will both be used, not a good idea, T4 is sufficient. In my opinion, PK1 and PFE are totally different sounds so it depends what you like, I'm hooked on PK1 myself. And of course isolation vs minimal, at best.

Nov 7, 2009 at 4:15 AM Post #3 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by jrazmar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Isolation doesn't matter as long as there's no sound leakage.

Cant really help you with all your questions, but in regards to leakage, the PK1's barely leak at all. They leak much, much, much less than stock iPod buds.

Nov 7, 2009 at 9:28 AM Post #5 of 10
I haven't heard the PK1's, but I can say that the PFE's sound better than the PK2s.

Nov 9, 2009 at 6:15 PM Post #6 of 10
thanks to you all! it would be better though if I could get an answer from someone who have used both. I'm planning to buy a DSLR soon. So my budget is really tight now but if it's worth it, I would still buy the PK1 so please encourage/discourage me. :)

Nov 23, 2009 at 4:41 PM Post #8 of 10
I give in to the temptation and I am IMPRESSED and has no regret so far. The cable in my PFE is now stiffening more with less frequent to zero use. :)

PK1 has a much bigger sound. I can't believe it's coming from an earbud...really. You will feel the emotion and the atmosphere coming from the music. The PFE excels in vocal clarity, details and refinement of tones but the PK1 is way much musical and fun to listen to. Plus the bass is very big. And the soundstage, airyness, openness and any other terms for it, is just excellent. Amped with T4 and E5 (daisy-chained) driving my Fuze plus LOD from Clieos which I am currently reviewing, the PK1 is a beast to behold. And the fact that it is an earbud, the comfort and ease of use is just perfect for me. Hope the cable will not stiffen in the future like the PFE.

I guess this will be my music partner for now and hope it will serve me for a long time.
Maybe a better amp will do more justice to how this little beast sounds but for now I can live with what I have.

Nov 23, 2009 at 6:37 PM Post #9 of 10
I love my PK1's and because of work they receive most of my listening time and I have no regrets over that. I really never thought a bud could sound so good. Though if I were you, I would find a single amp to drive them. I use an Ibasso D10. Works & sounds great. It's a little big, but there are plenty more good and more portable choices out there.

Feb 24, 2010 at 4:43 PM Post #10 of 10
If money is not a concern, I would buy the Pico right away. I like the portability, style and the excellent sound it has according to reviews. As of now, I have the mini3 by MisterX and this little amp sounds amazing on my rockboxed Fuze. Now I know why the raved reviews. I'm very happy with the combo now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back