Comfy-Needy Iem Suggestion!
May 6, 2012 at 7:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

petervii

New Head-Fier
Hey all, posted this on headphone suggestions forum,time to move it where it belongs .Cutting to the chase:
Need super comfortable preferably shallow iems with fabric asymmetrical cable ("j-cord") below $80,bass punch and extension.Iphone controls welcome.
Should have some detail so i don't reach for my triple fi's too often

Now I realize that i can't satisfy all my needs in one iem bt maybe you could suggest something i have not already thought of.My candidates till now are:
1.Sony mdr ex 310 
2.A custom made cloth cable for triple fi's made asymmetrical  $90 (still triple fi's= uncomfortable for me) 
3.senns cx 300 with ip controls (no detail...)
4.x-ears td iii

p.s. I own and like the hippo vb's sond signature a lot -i'd like something like that only with a  j cord and not as long.

May 6, 2012 at 11:40 PM Post #2 of 4
Asymetric fabric covered J cable? I doubt there are many IEMs like this. Finding one that is comfortable and also sounds good seems impossible. As for comfort, imo IEMs that are ergonomically shaped tend to be most comfortable. These typically have the nozzle coming out near the edge of the IEM at an angle. Some even have oval nozzles for even more comfort and a better fit.

May 7, 2012 at 7:09 AM Post #3 of 4
Thanks for the input! could you please give me an example of such an iem.I've tried a lot ,maybe i can get what you mean with an example.Smth Like a westone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back