Comfortable Streetback headphones for Jogging
Dec 21, 2009 at 12:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Kdbolt70

New Head-Fier
Hey all,

I'm picking up a last minute gift for my dad. He's a jogger and I just got him an ipod. He'd like some new headphones for jogging. He prefers the "streetback" style, something like the Senny PMX60 (but with better reviews). Sound quality is not the #1 priority, I'd prefer them to be comfortable and durable. I don't think he'd enjoy in ear, rather the on ear style. Trying not to spend over $30 or so, and preferably from Amazon. I appreciate the suggestions!

Edit: I have these guys: Amazon.com: Sony MDR-G57G S2 Sports Street Style Headphones with Reflective Ear Piece: Electronics And I've been pretty happy with them. Anything you guys would suggest above these?

Dec 21, 2009 at 1:30 AM Post #2 of 7
Just don't get the iGrados. Too heavy and uncomfortable. They would be a nightmare for a jogger.

Doesn't Senn make a street style version of the PX100? That may be a good choice.

Dec 21, 2009 at 6:15 AM Post #3 of 7
I had the pmx60 for a while. The sound was decent, but the angle between the headphone pads and the over ear clip part was far too wide. They never laid flat on the ear so the sound was a little washed out and there was no isolation at all. People within 5 feet of me got to enjoy my music as much as I was. They also would quite often get hairs stuck in them and the hair would vibrate against the cone of the driver making a buzzing sound.

For jogging they would be comfortable enough, but eventually both drivers ended up breaking off of the plastic headband portion and there was a short in the wire near the plug, so I question their longevity.

If I had to do it again, I wouldn't buy the PMX60.

The last pair of Sonys I had were clip on, so I can't help ya much there.

Feb 11, 2010 at 10:40 PM Post #5 of 7
The new (2010) Sennheiser PMX680 are hand down the best I've used when running. There are two other versions. Pick the best for you and be done with it. Finally, a good choice of headphones while running.

Feb 11, 2010 at 10:45 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by roncruiser /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The new (2010) Sennheiser PMX680 are hand down the best I've used when running. There are two other versions. Pick the best for you and be done with it. Finally, a good choice of headphones while running.

Wow those look killer for what they are meant for.

Feb 20, 2010 at 12:32 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by roncruiser /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I looked at the PMX680 today, but it looked like half the cost and weight went to the volume control. Is there a version without a volume control? I ended up ordering the Sennheiser PM80s for jogging at home. I still need another pair for jogging at work so I might try both?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back