Comfortable replacement for NVX XPT100 headphones - recommendation needed
Jan 1, 2020 at 8:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

drabina

Head-Fier
My NVX XPT100 cans just bit the dust. One of the drivers is no longer functioning and I have tried pretty much everything to get it working without a success. I am looking for recommendation to replace the XPT100 which were my favorite headphones. The reason why I liked them so much is the comfort (soft earcups), not a lot of clamping force and of course the sound quality (pretty neutral to me). Those XPT100s were just great for a long listening sessions, watching 2+ hours long movies, etc. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like I can buy them anymore and even if I could, I am a bit reluctant because my 30+ years old AKGs are still working fine when the NVX died after about 5 years of use.

Jan 1, 2020 at 4:33 PM Post #2 of 5
Monoprice has version of the NVX for like, $65. It's the exact same headphone, jsut with a different case/set of pads, etc...
I had a set of those nvx as well and they are crazy comfortable, there aren't many headphones that come close. What is your budget? Do they have to be closed back? What do you wish your new headphones could do better than the NVX? ....
we need more details to give you the best advice...

Jan 1, 2020 at 4:47 PM Post #3 of 5
here you go: https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=34192
this is the open backed version! Check it out, you get them and you have a new set of your beloved NVX AND the option of closed or open backed. (the closed backs of your nvx will fit the new Monoprice headphones. Plus more cables, and pads.
that's if you just want to replace what you have .....if you have upgrade needs, there are better options...

Jan 1, 2020 at 7:57 PM Post #4 of 5
Thanks. I have seen those Monoprice headphones which do look exactly as the XPT100s. I just wasn't sure if they are exact same cans but with a different label. I may just get them and be done with my search.

I definitely need a closed back. No need to get better sound quality because they are for listening to music from my laptop, watching movies and playing games sometimes. The key feature here is the comfort for 2+ hours listening sessions. Budget wise, I would like to stay below $100.

Jan 1, 2020 at 8:44 PM Post #5 of 5
they are the exact same headphones, just different branding.I honestly can't think of a better headphone for your use/price range that will be more comfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back