Comfortable kind of portable rock phones
Dec 26, 2008 at 1:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 33

ArturoGH

Head-Fier
Hi everyone,

Im now searching for a good set of rock headphones. Emphasis on them being for rock music and that they are comfortable. By portable, I mean that they are not huge, so go ahead and recommend any that may not be EXACTLY portable. Though, in the end, I might sacrify the portable part if worth it.

My budget isnt exactly established, but I guess I could go up to 300 bucks or so.

TIA!

Dec 26, 2008 at 3:06 AM Post #2 of 33
My first instinct is to say D1001, which fulfills the "comfortable" and "rock" criteria, but falter at the "portable" criterion. However, they're much cheaper than you seem ready to spend.

Dec 26, 2008 at 3:14 AM Post #3 of 33
BTW, I had the Shure se530 which got stolen
frown.gif
!
So this is going to replace them. I havent really heard good headphones (I had the Bose one ear!!!
tongue.gif
) I think Im up to spending a little more. Lets get those guitars rolling!

I think what Id like is really feeling the guitar, but also having good bass and hearing the detail....anything like that out there?:p

Dec 27, 2008 at 10:40 PM Post #8 of 33
HFI 780 are massive big portables, they are massive. But they fold away and is portable. Not entirely comfortable with the horrid headband (that you need to bend it to lossen it up)

Dec 27, 2008 at 11:00 PM Post #9 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathanjong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My first instinct is to say D1001, which fulfills the "comfortable" and "rock" criteria, but falter at the "portable" criterion. However, they're much cheaper than you seem ready to spend.

x2

Quote:

Originally Posted by member1982 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HFI 780 are massive big portables, they are massive. But they fold away and is portable. Not entirely comfortable with the horrid headband (that you need to bend it to lossen it up)

x2

I would go for the D1001 (or D1000 which are the same as D1001) over the HFI780. They are much more portable and sound quite good.

You could also look into IEMs if you don't mind things stuck in your ears.

Dec 27, 2008 at 11:37 PM Post #10 of 33
Finally, after much afterthought, I think Im going for the HD595! I know they arent exactly portable, but come to really think of it, now that Im going to buy a car (in the near future I hope), most of my portable headphone time is done for. What do you think? I also saw the A900 coul be a good choice, though their recessed mids (fwir) dont convince me for rock, jazz and acoustic guitar music. What say YE?

Dec 27, 2008 at 11:58 PM Post #12 of 33
I would go with Grado but...they are not that comfortable fwir. Besides, I also listen to jazz and acoustic guitar music like flamenco for instance, and I hear the grados are not great at that.

Dec 28, 2008 at 12:01 AM Post #13 of 33
I had the 595s and was thoroughly unimpressed. I think you'll find that the sound is not personal at all, flat, and boring. I say no-go.

Dec 28, 2008 at 1:29 AM Post #14 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Raez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had the 595s and was thoroughly unimpressed. I think you'll find that the sound is not personal at all, flat, and boring. I say no-go.

Really? Can anyone corroborate this, because Ive read otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back