Comfortable headphones
Mar 26, 2023 at 5:43 PM Post #17 of 23
The most comfortable headphones I've tried are the HD598SE, basically comfortable enough that you can forget they are on your head. If you want something a bit higher end, look at the Hifiman Arya, and although I have personally never tried it before, I've heard great things about the Meze Empyrean comfort wise.

Mar 26, 2023 at 6:59 PM Post #18 of 23
The most comfortable headphones I've tried are the HD598SE, basically comfortable enough that you can forget they are on your head. If you want something a bit higher end, look at the Hifiman Arya, and although I have personally never tried it before, I've heard great things about the Meze Empyrean comfort wise.
I have a hd595 lying around somewhere, is the hd598se any different?

Mar 26, 2023 at 8:01 PM Post #19 of 23
So no good store in norcal to try them both to compare? Guess I'll have to get them both if they show up on classified.

Sennheiser has a store in SF

Whatever you buy, make sure it is compatible with ZMF suede pads. I have those on my T60rp and my HD58X, and plan on getting a pair for my Elegia soon.

Mar 28, 2023 at 12:40 AM Post #20 of 23
I have a hd595 lying around somewhere, is the hd598se any different?

I haven't tried the HD595, but I wouldn't imagine they'd be much different since the design looks pretty much the same. But yeah, I just found those headphones supremely comfortable. They're not the last word in sound quality, but I use mine as a daily driver because they get the job done for regular computer usage and prefer to pull out my better headphones for listening sessions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back