Comfortable headphones
Jan 31, 2004 at 10:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 34

Mav451

Head-Fier
Hey guys.

I purchased the Sony MDR-V6's just a month ago--they have good bass and all, but i find that they aren't exactly the most comfortable headphones. After my first "serious" purchase of headphones (beyond the 20buck ones from Best Buy), i now realize that I am willing to part with a bit of a sound loss if they are THAT much more comfortable.

One of the biggest reasons i say this is b/c i wear glasses, and pretty much any kind of headphones, aside from the small 20buck ones, will get pretty annoying (squeeze on my glass frames). This leads to my ears hurting after an hour or so, and additionally, i have gotten headaches with the V6's as well.

Well the one thing is i only paid 50 bucks fer them as they were refurbs---good thing i didn't consider new ones
smily_headphones1.gif

Ok, basically, my question is can anyone recommend me the MOST comfortable headphones out there on the market in the 100ish range?

If there are those at 200 that are comfortable, it'd be a stretch, but i would still be interested.

*secondly, the people who are recommending them, if you could tell me if you have glasses and have tried the headphones on WITH the glasses on as well...it seems kind of silly, but it is an important point in my case.

Jan 31, 2004 at 11:10 AM Post #2 of 34
HI: What is your source and do you have an amp? Fore under 100.00 The Sony CD780 are like pillows on your head and sound very good. Fore under 200.00 the Senn. 590 are very comfortable but could use an amp to sound best. There are other very comfortable cans like the AT A900 or A1000. Your glasses with be no problem if the cans go totaly around your ear. If I knew your source and If you have an amp It would be a lot easyer.

Jan 31, 2004 at 4:03 PM Post #7 of 34
CD780 CD780 CD780 CD780 CD780 CD780 CD780 CD780 CD780 CD780 CD780 CD780 CD780 CD780

Got glasses... no problem. Then again I didn't with the V6s either. You have the other option of getting the Beyer pads for your current phones. That will make them softer, but the pressure may still be nearly as great.

Jan 31, 2004 at 7:19 PM Post #9 of 34
Yes, unfortunately the senn's will cause you to form a stupid silly grin the entire time they're being fed tunes. Trust me, your friends will not look at you the same
evil_smiley.gif

Jan 31, 2004 at 7:35 PM Post #11 of 34
I don't have any trouble with the V6s & wire frame glasses, but the CD780 are in a whole other league as far as comfort. But it did take about a month of use to get the fabric streched out enough so that they are now comfortable even for hours at a time.

Jan 31, 2004 at 9:24 PM Post #13 of 34
ATH AD10 were very light & comfy.
K401
K501

the most comfortable headphones I have are the K401 & K501, but they need a lot of power, and they do not have thunderous bass.

Grados should be no problem for glasses, but they have their own issues. Senns need to break in. ATHs may have an upramping upper midrange.

For a throw around, probably the CD780. And if you are careful, the CD380.

Feb 1, 2004 at 12:32 AM Post #15 of 34
I think the Senns are really, really, really comfy. I can wear them for hours, although they are like earmuffs during those hot summer days.

I hear that the ATH-A900's are some of the comfy cans that you can get, I haven't had a chance to try them personally, so I really don't know about that one.

I agree with blessingx, the CD-780's are real comfy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back