Comfortable Headphone for hours of listening
Sep 12, 2021 at 1:38 AM Post #18 of 26
Give Sony MDR-MA900 a try if you track on down. Super light weight and comfortable, good sound for price point and age, only real downsides is that it comes with an really long attached cable and it might take some time to find a used in good condition or a good deal for brand new.

Sep 12, 2021 at 5:41 PM Post #20 of 26
o_O
oh man, first world problems. In 20 years you guys will say "over-ear headphones suck, I want my robot maid to put them on"
In my experience inears cannot match the openess experienced through open headphones regardless of price. So for home use unless there is a very specific use case always go headphones.

Sep 12, 2021 at 6:07 PM Post #21 of 26
Focal Clear MG unless you have an extra large noggin.

Sep 12, 2021 at 8:27 PM Post #23 of 26
Interesting, I was reading abut the differences with the HD800S and it seems that the Focals are a little more fun with decent Bass.
Build Quality is excellent too, does feel the price you pay for such headphones.
Focal has "ok" build quality... And terrible support given the price point they're at. Look in to driver failure rates and how they handle it.

Sep 13, 2021 at 7:36 AM Post #25 of 26
In my experience inears cannot match the openess experienced through open headphones regardless of price. So for home use unless there is a very specific use case always go headphones.
i tried open backs and that's not really the case. The soundstage is just "in your head" but it's very much there with good IEM. Open backs are a little more impressive, especially for some types of applications (classical music, games etc.) and I think it's not a bad idea to keep opn-back headphone just for that open space, however it's not crutcial and you'd get used to it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back