Comfortable, good quality build and sound Closed Back Headphones
Apr 17, 2020 at 3:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

macaltec

New Head-Fier
So I am getting a headphone setup for my Dad. He will be listening in his living room with Mom next to him while she does cross stitching or some other activity. She absolutely does NOT want to hear what he is listening to. Thus the title. I am looking for a recommendation on a closed back headphone the most important criteria is that they are comfortable (like the HD650) and second is sound quality. What brands/models should I be looking at? Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Edit: Over ear design is also key.

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2020 at 3:53 PM Post #2 of 9
Soundmagic HP151 closed headphones.

Apr 17, 2020 at 6:49 PM Post #5 of 9
I have the DT 1770'S, albeit converted to balanced by those wizz kids at Custom Cans, but they sound incredible.
And i asked my other half if she could hear what i was listening to the other day, and she said she couldn't. I have added dekoni sheepskin pads though, and they up the comfort ante.

Apr 17, 2020 at 9:09 PM Post #6 of 9
Apr 17, 2020 at 10:27 PM Post #8 of 9
Focal Listen Pro imo is literally the best closed portable under $400 when it comes to the entire package. Yes they are comfortable, yes they are built well, and yes they sound better then anything around theire price range.

MSR7 IMO is not very comfortable
DT770 is good but I think its more amp dependent, and imo not as comfortable as the Listen since they're heavier and more unwieldy and non-detachable cable and more seal dependent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back