Comfortable closed headphones for casual listening for $100-200?
Oct 14, 2013 at 4:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

leewith4as

New Head-Fier
Just got a new job, one that requires a lot of long hours. Unfortunately, all my headphones are open, which, while fantastic when I was working by myself, not so great when I'm at a desk with 8-10 others. Over ear is preferred since I wear glasses, but on ear may be okay as well. The biggest issue is that I'm going to be wearing these things for up to 12 hours at a time, so comfort is a must. As for what kind of sound I'm looking for, I need something slightly warm, without being too fun/punchy, or else listening fatigue will start to set in. Usually a mix of EDM, classical piano/violin, classical guitar, and a small smattering of acapella. I'll be listening through a Fiio E10 amp. Anything from between $100-200 would be perfect. Currently looking at Brainwavz HM5's as my best bet, but that pleather... doesn't look like it'd feel too great after hour 3 or 4. Maybe if it were softer. Any suggestions?

Oct 16, 2013 at 4:15 AM Post #2 of 2
I'd recommend my favorite Yamaha 400s, but they aren't that comfortable. Nothing I own is that amazingly comfortable. I tried a Senn hd280 at best buy the other day and thought it sounded real good and was very comfortable. Maybe amongst the most comfortable I've tried.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back