comfortable circumaural hp (portable)
Apr 2, 2010 at 2:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

limathy

100+ Head-Fier
after getting my brother a pair of the senn hd201 (he's 12) i realized how comfortable they are compared to my es7's which have been headband modded.

so looking for possibly a pair that are comfortable, closed, with good isolation able to be powered unamped ipod/clip.

for reference, i like the es7, I have plenty of iems, so please dont suggest i go to iems.

I listen to a fairly broad range of music, like mostly balanced sound with a little bit extra bass. (the re0's sound great, love the trebble extension, wouldnt mind a tiny bit more bass.)

was considering the srh440, the AT m50s, at the moment, but dont have a clue where to start.

Apr 2, 2010 at 4:20 PM Post #2 of 3
I like [and own] the Sennheiser HD 280 Pros. It can clamp too tightly for some, but it's comfortable for me. Plus the earcups are collapsible for transportation. They don't need amped, and the isolation is great [they're my 'phone of choice for travel, such as on airplanes].

Sound-wise, it's pretty neutral [to me]; the one problem you may have with it is the lack of mid-bass. It has terrific low-end bass, but the mid-bass is lacking, so they can come off as being a bass-light.

In the US, they go for about $80 [they have a $200 MSRP, but they've been out for more than five years, I believe].

Apr 2, 2010 at 5:03 PM Post #3 of 3
I was gonna recommend the Grado SR80i's as they have nice bass unamped, fold easy and are comfortable (with the flat pads) and light but, alas, they are not closed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back