Comfort Priority - Which Headphones?
Nov 30, 2013 at 11:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

HumblexTurtle

New Head-Fier
I am looking for full-sized headphones that are extremely comfortable for PC. I have bad experiences with headphones being too heavy and too clamping. I use them for gaming and listening to music. I do like some bass, but the bass does not have to be ridiculous. I play mainly RTS and MMO games; FPS is mainly a console thing for me. What can you guys recommend for me?

Another quick note, I do record gameplay and commentate. I am not sure if open headphones leak loud enough to get heard through my microphone or not. Just throwing that out their.

Nov 30, 2013 at 11:33 PM Post #3 of 10
Sennheiser HD-598 are super comfortable and have no clamping force. They have a wide soundstage and I like to use them for gaming because of that. However, they are open-style headphones, meaning the volume you're listening at is the volume anybody else nearby will hear them at. Outside noise will leak in, too. I wouldn't call them bass-shy, but they do not emphasize bass, and coming from consumer brands that push the bass they may seem bass-light at first.

Dec 1, 2013 at 12:30 AM Post #9 of 10
i have the Audio Technica ATH-M50s and they are about as good as the HD 558s but with more bass.

they are however much less comfortable. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back