Comfort level of the E2c's
Dec 23, 2004 at 3:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

csice

New Head-Fier
I like the looks of the rubber sleaves and don't care for the foam.(although you won't really see them, but I'm just picky I guess) So I wanted to know, are the rubber sleeves comfortable at all? I don't think I have heard anyone say they use them over the foam.

Dec 23, 2004 at 3:21 AM Post #2 of 14
It really depends on one's ears. I, for example, cannot use the silicon sleeves at all due to the small size of my ear canals. Generally the foamies are better, but some people can use the silicon sleeves just fine.

Dec 23, 2004 at 3:48 AM Post #4 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by csice
I like the looks of the rubber sleaves and don't care for the foam.(although you won't really see them, but I'm just picky I guess) So I wanted to know, are the rubber sleeves comfortable at all? I don't think I have heard anyone say they use them over the foam.

I"m 99% foamies, but the last couple of days have been ok with the plastic sleeves. I guess I'm getting used to them, or maybe the dry conditions have made them work better. I usually get a "stiction" with the plastic sleeves that creates a vacuum when I try to remove them - quite uncomfortable when it happens.

Dec 23, 2004 at 4:01 AM Post #6 of 14
I found neither the foamies or the silicon sleeves to be comfortable, although this may be due to my small ear canals. I have been quite happy though with using the smallest size ex-71 tips pulled over the centers of a pair of foamies.

Dec 23, 2004 at 5:26 AM Post #7 of 14
I've always preferred silicon/rubber eartips in all of the canalphones I've owned (Ety ER4-P, ER6, and Sure E2C). My E2C's were shipped with the medium silicon tips installed but I didn't get a good fit, I tried the large silicone tips and they fit great. I wear earplugs at work every night, and hate to have to twist the foamies to insert them, the silicon tips have just always worked better for me for both fit, comfort, and sound.

-Keith

Dec 23, 2004 at 12:02 PM Post #8 of 14
HI: SHURE is now testing a ultra soft sleeve like the E1,E3,E5 have and hopefully will be for sale very soon for the E2c. We have a member from shure here and I hope he comments on this.

Dec 23, 2004 at 2:34 PM Post #9 of 14
Foamies here, I get a weird pressure thing with the silicone tips. I do like the way the silicone tips look... not real important when they are stuck in my ears.

Dec 23, 2004 at 6:37 PM Post #10 of 14
I use them both at different times (like the silicone doesn't work in the morning after my shower... they just slide out). I don't really have any comfort issues with them at all, but like others have said here, it really is dependant on your ears.

Dec 23, 2004 at 7:27 PM Post #11 of 14

Users who are viewing this thread

Back