Comfort issues with my RS1i bowl pads. Can I use my SR60 pads?
Sep 22, 2009 at 3:49 PM Post #2 of 15
Yes -- You can use anything that will fit around the grill, including your SR60 comfy pads. It will boost the bass perception some, and increase the directness/immediacy of the sound some (even more "in-your-face").

You can also try the Sennheiser HD414 yellow pads.

Sep 22, 2009 at 3:59 PM Post #3 of 15
You should try this ~
ev6j.gif

325idt990018.jpg

325idt990019.jpg

325idt990020.jpg

Sep 22, 2009 at 4:05 PM Post #4 of 15
That looks amazing. I was under the impression that the pads that come with the RS1i as standard are designed a way as to complement the RS1i sound? I just find them to uncomfy. If using the SR60 pads will the bass stay tight and controlled?

Sep 22, 2009 at 4:17 PM Post #5 of 15
go get some ttvj flat pads and never look back. they're well worth the 30 bucks. just give yourself a few days to get used to it coming from the bowls, because at first they will sound a little muddy and with a smaller soundstage, but the increased bass, better comfort, and more full sound is well worth it imo. i love em with my rs1i.

Sep 22, 2009 at 4:49 PM Post #7 of 15
Yep, tried everything. What really is annoying me is that my right ear touches the right handed driver but the left one doesn't seem to or it could be my imagination, anyhow it just does not feel comfortable, nothing like the comfort with my SR60's anyway. Just trying my SR60 pads now!

Sep 22, 2009 at 6:05 PM Post #8 of 15
Try bending the headband forward so the position is something like this:

position.gif

That aside, rigorous bending and pad washing also help. My HF2 was immensely uncomfortable with the bowl pad but it's much better now. I tried it with flat pad but came back to bowl in the end as it has a more balanced sound.

Sep 22, 2009 at 6:11 PM Post #9 of 15
Of course you could use the SR60 (comfy) pads seeing as they fit. However if they sound anything like on the MS-1 you really don't want to.
tongue.gif

Sep 22, 2009 at 9:32 PM Post #12 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by apatN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Of course you could use the SR60 (comfy) pads seeing as they fit. However if they sound anything like on the MS-1 you really don't want to.
tongue.gif

THIS

Sep 23, 2009 at 2:55 AM Post #14 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by gooner26 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been listening to the RS1i's with SR60 pads and i have to say that I've had a headache ever since! Way to overpowering.

I had a similar experience with the SR325. The comfies move the driver closer to my ear than the bowls and just made the highs much more apparent. Just wasn't my cup of tea personally.

Sep 24, 2009 at 3:24 AM Post #15 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by gooner26 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yep, tried everything. What really is annoying me is that my right ear touches the right handed driver but the left one doesn't seem to or it could be my imagination, anyhow it just does not feel comfortable, nothing like the comfort with my SR60's anyway. Just trying my SR60 pads now!

This is not your imagination at all, I have heard several people complain about this, and it happened to me as well with the RS2i. It always seems to be the right ear when it happens to people. Strange. It did get somewhat better with me for the RS2i with time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back