comfort: e2c, e3c, md33, ex71 ?
May 23, 2005 at 4:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

ndrake

New Head-Fier
I have owned all of these except the e2c, and found the sony to be the most comfortable (followed closely by the md33s). But the sonys sounded like crap so I got rid of them. The md33s are perfect except for the stupid long cord which ALWAYS gets in the way and makes using them such a hassle I spend more time with my far less competent senn mx450s. The e3cs were supposed to be perfect for me, but I guess my ears don't protrude enough because the cables refused to stay wrapped up and behind my ears. Any movement and they would dislodge, it was really a stupid system. I'm glad a lot of other people love them, but I was beyond upset I spent $115 on them.

So: are the e2cs going to be any more comfortable than the e3cs? It looks like the angle of the phone from where it goes into your ear canal and then comes out and bends back is greater in e2cs. That would keep the cable closer to your head and I imagine make it easier for someone like me to keep the cable behind your ear. The problem with the e3c is that angle isn't great enough, and the spot where the cable exits the phone is too far from my head.

thanks for any thoughts on the matter. why is it so hard to find decent portable cans?

May 23, 2005 at 5:00 PM Post #2 of 5
I did not find much difference in comfort or fit going from the e2 to the e3. Perhaps, with the foamies, I did find the e2 a tad more comfortable.

I think that the way the e3 is designed though, it allows for your to wear them without wrapping them behind the ear. You just insert them "upside down", which actually seems right side up to me. Did you try that?

May 23, 2005 at 7:36 PM Post #3 of 5
yeah I did, but the tension from such a heavy cord wasn't to my liking. If they're similar I guess I'll end up sticking with what I've got. Or maybe even try the apple in-ear's despite the fact I assume I'll be paying $30 for headphones that probably don't sound as good as my little sennheiser buds.

May 25, 2005 at 6:06 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by ndrake

Any movement and they would dislodge, it was really a stupid system.

So: are the e2cs going to be any more comfortable than the e3cs?

same thing happening here. the "driver" / "casing" of the e3 is too small and doesnt stay in ear properly despite using the medium sized sleeves. i can't fit the large ones in my ear so that's no use.

i find the e2's to have a tighter fit and they stay in my ears until i want them out. i can tug the cord and it stays put behind my ear and they aren't "hanging out sideways" like the e3.

i'll probably sell the e3 since i don't prefer it's sound over the comfort of the e2

so the answer is, i'm pretty sure that you'll find the E2's more comfortable as far as staying put in your ear/maintaining a seal if you have similar ear canal/lobe shape to me. we have the same problem so i wouldn't be surprised if the e2's are better for you.

Jun 3, 2005 at 8:36 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by emmpeethree
same thing happening here. the "driver" / "casing" of the e3 is too small and doesnt stay in ear properly despite using the medium sized sleeves. i can't fit the large ones in my ear so that's no use.

i find the e2's to have a tighter fit and they stay in my ears until i want them out. i can tug the cord and it stays put behind my ear and they aren't "hanging out sideways" like the e3.

i'll probably sell the e3 since i don't prefer it's sound over the comfort of the e2

so the answer is, i'm pretty sure that you'll find the E2's more comfortable as far as staying put in your ear/maintaining a seal if you have similar ear canal/lobe shape to me. we have the same problem so i wouldn't be surprised if the e2's are better for you.

thanks for the reply! sorry I disappeared for awhile... I appreciate the info though. maybe the e2cs aren't a lost cause for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back