Comfies with hole same as Flats?
Sep 13, 2004 at 6:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

meesha

100+ Head-Fier
Just wondering if they are basically the same thing. From what it looks like from the pictures it looks the same. 30$ just seems a little expensive for a 75 dollar headphone (sr60). Looking to get more lower mids plus these comfies itch like a bad case of crabs.

Sep 13, 2004 at 6:18 AM Post #2 of 12
soundwise, i'm not sure. i'm pretty sure the foam is different on the comfies vs the flats though. the foam on the flats is denser.

Sep 13, 2004 at 6:40 AM Post #3 of 12
there is a difference. believe it or not i'd say from worst to best is comifes - rat shack pads - comfies with hole - rat shack with hole - (insert vwap pads here, the senn mods, never heard em but from what ive read they go here) - then the flats. bowls are up to the listener.

i can't believe such an expensive can would have its aural signature changed so much with just a piece of foam, but it is true. flat pads are so worth it.

Sep 13, 2004 at 10:31 AM Post #4 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
i can't believe such an expensive can would have its aural signature changed so much with just a piece of foam, but it is true. flat pads are so worth it.

Flat pads are not really worth it for an SR-60. If you want to try a different pad, I would suggest getting the Sennheiser 414 pad and cut a hole in the middle. I also like bowl pads on the SR-60's.

Sep 13, 2004 at 1:51 PM Post #5 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Canman
Flat pads are not really worth it for an SR-60.

I disagree, I think the flats are well worth it regardless of the SR60's price. $30 is a cheap price to pay for such an improvement in sound quality.

Sep 13, 2004 at 2:00 PM Post #6 of 12
To tell you the truth, I could hardly use my SR80's with those awfully uncomfortable bowl pads - the comfies (suppossedly not as good as the flats? Since the flats aren't available in Hong Kong
mad.gif
, it'll take some time before I can try them and be sure) made a huge huge difference. They have cut down some of the highs and the comfort level is unbelievably improved. I never thought a simple pair of foam pads could make so much difference.

I paid HK$80, about US$10, and to me, they absolutely worth the money.

Sep 13, 2004 at 6:02 PM Post #9 of 12
I always thought most people preferred the comfies on the sr-60s, bowls/flats/senns on every model higher.

Sep 13, 2004 at 6:04 PM Post #10 of 12
Yeah . . . but I can't the flats in Hong Kong and comfies are still better than bowls in terms of comfort!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't see the point for having great sound if I can't stand having them on for more than 15 minutes.

Sep 13, 2004 at 6:19 PM Post #11 of 12
Try yellow senn pads. (If you can). Very comfortable, sound ain't too bad.

Sep 13, 2004 at 7:42 PM Post #12 of 12
The "flats" are different from the "comfies". They're made from 2 different materials. The "comfies" feel more soft to me, more pliable. The "flats" are made from the same material as the "bowls". Its a dense rigid foam that resists stressing. I would akin "comfies" to cloth-like, while the "flats" are more of a rubber-like feel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back