Columbus OH -- Record and Audio Stores
May 20, 2006 at 4:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

john_jcb

This is a customized witticism.
I will be in Columbus for the near future for work and I am already tired of 3 meals a day in restaurants. So next week I thought I would start to venture out in the evenings and see if I can find some good vinyl or possibly an audio store that is not Circuit City or the like. I am staying in Worthington off of 23 but nothing seems too far away as I will be against most of the traffic at rush hour or later.

Does anyone have any suggestions of places to check out?

May 20, 2006 at 5:38 PM Post #2 of 3
Progressive Audio, 1764 North High Street. High Street is US 23. If you go south from Worthington on High Street, Progressive Audio will be on your left in the OSU campus area. Park across the street in the Student Union parking garage, or some such place. Otherwise parking is a pain, and your car will be towed, trust me. Contracted tow trucks literally cruise the streets around this area just looking for business. Progressive is without a doubt the finest audio establishment I've ever encountered. Their gear ranges from moderately priced, like Adcom, to ultra high end. They will also steer you to the finest shops for vinyl. Check out their site. They've become a major player, if not THE major player anywhere for residential and commercial installations, in addition to "carry out" type audio sales.

http://www.progressiveaudio.com

May 20, 2006 at 5:40 PM Post #3 of 3
Yea, High Street on the whole is probably your best bet. My main recommendation is Magnolia Thunder*****, can't remember the street address but its in the 1000's down by campus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back