Colour of custom tips
Dec 16, 2009 at 9:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

krismusic

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi, I got my custom sleeves for my IE8's today.
The numpties have moulded them in clear rather than the black that I asked and paid extra for.
The left sleeve was an uncomfortable fit.
So all in all they have to go back.
The clear actually did not look bad.
My question is, will the black look ugly?
They sounded very promising...

Dec 17, 2009 at 10:15 AM Post #5 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by metabaron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Who did you get them from?

Who's your question aimed towards, me or the original poster?

I got both sets of my custom sleeves made by ACS.

Dec 17, 2009 at 10:58 AM Post #6 of 11
Thanks for the replies. Thats one all then!
confused_face(1).gif
Think I will go with my original black. digivate, when you say they look good, is that when you are wearing them? Yup, ACS for mine too.
smile_phones.gif

Dec 17, 2009 at 11:54 AM Post #7 of 11
I got mine done for the 530's in black and white swirl but it looked more like a cow print, looked pretty cool though, until I lost the right tip on the tube
frown.gif

Dec 17, 2009 at 11:56 AM Post #8 of 11
To be honest you don't really notice the sleeves that much when they're in your ears. The only bit that is really visible is the bit at the bottom just above your earlobes. I think the black versions maybe look a little bit more discreet in the ear as they don't catch the light as much as the transparent versions.

I originally had a pair made up in the clear material, but I got them changed to black when I sent them back for a refit and I was personally much happier with the look of them when the second pair came back, but I guess that's just personal taste.

Ultimately though, it's the sound and fit that count. It took me a couple of days to get used to the feel of them, but now I just pop them in and forget they even exist.

The tips took my UM3x to another level sound wise. More bass weight and crisper highs.

I've had to send my IE8 pair back for a refit as well, so I haven't had much chance to judge how they effect the sound quality. Hopefully the new pair will arrive either this afternoon or tomorrow.

Dec 17, 2009 at 9:26 PM Post #9 of 11
Thanks digivate.
smile_phones.gif
I sent my clear tips back today and asked for the black I originally ordered. The tightwads would not let me keep the clears that they supplied in error. Anyway, before I sent them back, I had another try and found the fit to be more comfortable in the ear that was giving trouble and worse in the other ear! I figure that it is all down to getting used to wearing them? They make the IE8's sound terrific though. Completely different to stock tips.

Dec 18, 2009 at 10:34 AM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by metabaron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I didn't know they did custom tips for the IE8. But I see that is a company located in England. Does anyone know if they would ship to the USA? Or a company that produces them here?

In think ACS do ship to the US. There's a whole thread about ACS custom sleeves for the IE8, which also mentions some US companies that provide the same service, here ...

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/r...er-ie8-415905/

I think the main US company for custom tips is Listenhear ...

ListenHear - Tunz Custom Earmolds for Headphones

Users who are viewing this thread

Back