Colorware opinions?
Sep 7, 2005 at 10:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

heeeraldo

100+ Head-Fier
I've been considering getting my iPod painted black or trying to find some way to make it look a little less ubiquitous.

three things combined to make me consider sending off my ipod to colorware:
1. my iPod was free.
2. the black nano looks *hot*.
3. it'd match the eggos now and the E4s later. (which is, I know, backwards to most people, but isn't that what head-fi is all about?
wink.gif
)

here's a picture of the Jet Black Monochrome iPod: http://www.colorwarepc.com/_inventor.../Jet_Black.jpg

mine would be a colour screen model, but everything else would be the same.
I'd probably invest in a clear case on top of that, but I haven't decided which one yet.

It comes to about $100 Canadian altogether (I can get it shipped to/from a friend in the states so that I don't end up paying $60US for shipping).

does anyone have any thoughts or experience on/with Colorware? please vote in the poll!

Sep 8, 2005 at 1:00 AM Post #4 of 11
If you won't regret spending $100 CAD to get your iPod painted, then by all means go for it. It would look awesome in black. Are you thinking about the plain black or the one with sparkles in it?

Sep 8, 2005 at 2:57 AM Post #5 of 11
I say go for it!

The black looks really cool, and besides, it will stand out from the rest.
Personally, I think the start iPod white is boring, but that's me.
(not trying to start a flame war, it's just an opinion)

good luck
-Jeff

Sep 8, 2005 at 9:58 PM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spad
I wonder how a scratch would show up. I assume it would show the underlying white. Why not sell it and get a black Nano?
biggrin.gif

That's crazy, he can't just give up those 16gb.

Sell it and buy 5 nano's
biggrin.gif

Sep 8, 2005 at 10:15 PM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmmmmm
That's crazy, he can't just give up those 16gb.

Sell it and buy 5 nano's
biggrin.gif

And put all of 'em in a Juicy Fruit wrapper!
tongue.gif

Sep 8, 2005 at 10:28 PM Post #10 of 11
Just sell it and buy a Nano... that's the logical thing to do!

Edit : Oops, someone already mentioned it. C'mon, 20gb is overrated.. I mean, you only need like 10 FLAC CDs.. no?
wink.gif

Well.. I really don't think 320kbps => Lossless is a big jump on a portable rig..
blink.gif

Sep 9, 2005 at 5:19 AM Post #11 of 11
I'm well on my way to a free Nano (woo! [is this too much, Jude?]) so I won't be painting it black - I'll probably just get a Carbon iSkin or something instead.

thanks for the advice, gang!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back