Colorfly c3 vs Fiio x3
Jun 10, 2013 at 12:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

samccy0707

New Head-Fier
Hi guys
I am considering to buy a DAC, and I am struggling on choosing C3 or X3, both have good quality, and X3 seem have a better UI, but colorfly sound like better than fiio. So any sharing on this?
Thanks a lot~

Jun 10, 2013 at 11:46 PM Post #2 of 22
You mean DAP. C3 is a very excellent DAP despite low price tag. You can further enhance the sound quality by adding BH amp. This combo costs approx. $200.

I haven't heard of X3 but from the published technical spec and some review on pre production unit, it looks very promising.

Jun 11, 2013 at 2:14 AM Post #3 of 22
Quote:
You mean DAP. C3 is a very excellent DAP despite low price tag. You can further enhance the sound quality by adding BH amp. This combo costs approx. $200.

I haven't heard of X3 but from the published technical spec and some review on pre production unit, it looks very promising.

But isn't C3 don't come with the LO? You mean using PO to connect the amp?

Jun 11, 2013 at 3:09 AM Post #5 of 22
I have read through a lot of threads discussing on this, but I have no conclusion yet: some said LO will be better for amp, some said it is not really the case. so is this really a big difference between using PO & LO for amp?

Jun 11, 2013 at 3:36 AM Post #7 of 22
Quote:
Somehow C4 has a "magical match" with BH to unleash its full potential.
biggrin.gif

But C4 is way out my budget
frown.gif

Jun 21, 2013 at 2:06 AM Post #10 of 22
Quote:
well.. I will go try both in two different shops... sigh it is quite difficult to find a hifi store that selling DAP in Hong Kong

Really????

Dec 28, 2013 at 10:51 PM Post #13 of 22
i know this is an old thread but I would like to bump it because no one ever really compared the two. I myself and interested in this as well. Which of the two has the better sound quality?

Dec 29, 2013 at 5:39 PM Post #14 of 22
  i know this is an old thread but I would like to bump it because no one ever really compared the two. I myself and interested in this as well. Which of the two has the better sound quality?

IMHE, they only comparable in a few ways. The C3 is certainly more of a budget friendly DAP and features a much simpler list of functions. The X3 has higher quality components including a better DAC and amp section. Not to mention it offers multiple gain settings, USB DAC functionality, and coax/line out. (Also costs about $100 more)

That being said, I'll give the comparison a go. Bear in mind that I never had the two at the same time for A/B comparison but hopefully my memory will serve. 

The X3 has a more colored signature of the two. It's rather warm in character, as is the norm for Fiio products. It also offered slightly better resolution, especially with a brighter pair of headphones. 

The C3 is a little more neutral in presentation. To me the C3 is very musical and offers a better soundstage than the X3, but because of its lesser components, did not resolve some of the micro-details that the X3 could.

I can't say that one has markedly better SQ, as it really will depend on what you prefer. If you're someone who enjoys a brighter or more analytical headphone, then I'd say go for the X3. If you lean a little to the warm or dark side, the C3 may be what you'd like. I recently sold my DX50 because I didn't feel it offered enough as a standalone DAP to uproot the C3. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back