Colorfly C3 Discussion Thread
Sep 21, 2013 at 1:25 PM Post #1,801 of 3,325
  Hey guys! Wondering if someone could provide me with a link to the most recent, stable firmware update.

Just got the C3 and I think my brain needs a burn in. To me it sounds very artificial? Synthetic? Not very natural. Also the buttons are annoying as crap! They keep freezing up on me. Hoping the firmware update will solve this.

Thanks in advance!

Do you have the useless crummy Colorfly EQ turned on?  Turn it off if so.  What kind of sound files are you using? 

I've never seen a single post here about bad sound from a C3.  It's the good sound that makes up for the bad GUI.

Sep 21, 2013 at 1:58 PM Post #1,802 of 3,325
Dude, depends also on IEMs... but i was surprised too to hear about artificial sound...

Sep 22, 2013 at 8:33 PM Post #1,804 of 3,325
<$100 IEMs vs >$300 DAC.  I'd go for better IEMs.  So far you are the only (one of the only?) poster unhappy with the C3 sound.  If you buy the DX50 and don't like ITS sound.... I know the 400s get good reviews, so it's gonna be a personal choice for you.  If money was no object, I'd buy a really expensive DAC and some REALLY expensive IEMs.  But I have not had a moment where I wasn't pleased with the C3 sound (NOT the GUI, of course).  Using TF 10s and a C&C BH set to normal, it's really quite good.  And since I added the Chris_Himself cables, it's even better.  

Sep 22, 2013 at 11:38 PM Post #1,805 of 3,325
  But I have not had a moment where I wasn't pleased with the C3 sound (NOT the GUI, of course). 

Yup +10. 

Just got the C3 and I think my brain needs a burn in. To me it sounds very artificial? Synthetic? Not very natural. 

Like the dude says, you're the first and only to have thought/said that.

Also the buttons are annoying as crap! They keep freezing up on me. Hoping the firmware update will solve this.

I'm not gonna fight you on that one lol!

Sep 23, 2013 at 12:47 AM Post #1,806 of 3,325
Been a while since I've been on here... (Why am I coming back? My wallet was recovering nicely!) 

Speaking of annoying buttons... I must say that the most annoying issue is having the player keep thinking the next button is pressed. It does that sometimes. As such, I have to carry around a paperclip. Oh well. The SQ is worth it.

I STILL haven't gotten around to getting myself a BH... I need to do that.

Sep 23, 2013 at 2:53 AM Post #1,807 of 3,325
Be sure to wipe the touch pad every so often, once it becomes laced in finger prints they can do all sorts of things, I've had my player over a year, the only time the buttons become unresponsive or play up is because the screen (which is a finger print magnet) needs a wipe.

Sep 23, 2013 at 9:38 AM Post #1,808 of 3,325
  Keep the screen clean of finger grease and it should help things.  The only lag I find with the C3 is turning the thing on.  Gotta hold the On button juuuuussssst right.  The rest of the UI is as EVERYONE here has consistently mentioned- horrible but functional.  It's the sound that makes it worthwhile.  Colorfly must have put all the pre-prod work/money into the sound, and only at the end said, "how can we make this look and operate?  Oh well, we're out of time/money, it'll sound so good no one will care."

I carry a pin around (paperclip, I've found, is too big to fit in the C3's reset orifice).  I just "pinned" it to the C3's rubbery case I bought for $5.  Slips right in, the ball on the end of the pin lets me pull it out easily.  So when I'm on my walk and the thing locks (happened once so far, before pin) I can do a reset.  

Sep 23, 2013 at 11:45 AM Post #1,809 of 3,325
I'm running my Colorfly C3 as I received it...I never had any problems with it. Is there any newer Firmware update any worth? I just found a 1.00.02.01 version on their website? Is it worth?
I'm pleased how it runs for me and I'm just afraid not to do something bad.
Thanks!

Sep 23, 2013 at 1:10 PM Post #1,810 of 3,325
  I'm running my Colorfly C3 as I received it...I never had any problems with it. Is there any newer Firmware update any worth? I just found a 1.00.02.01 version on their website? Is it worth?
I'm pleased how it runs for me and I'm just afraid not to do something bad.
Thanks!

What you're quoting is the C4's firmware. The latest C3's firmware is 1.0.0.6

Sep 23, 2013 at 4:00 PM Post #1,812 of 3,325
Pablo, depends what improvements you want, not likely in sound which i find very good for the price anyway.

Sep 23, 2013 at 4:01 PM Post #1,813 of 3,325
  Ah, OK. And is the upgrade worth? As long as I don't have any problems with the original version? Are there any real improvements?

Nothing really. Maybe a slightly better touch sensitivity and occasionally I had an issue with touch responsiveness before the update.

Sep 27, 2013 at 8:53 AM Post #1,814 of 3,325
i got the c3. i used around 15hrs. 
i am just comparing with ipod shufle.
used westone 4 IEM for listening without any amp.
likes the black background of C3 and can able to listen the songs for long time without any fatigue.
other things like detail, separation and imaging sounds same on both device.
i already got Nova N3 that i can able to make the clear distinction from ipod shuffle.
but Nova N3 needs some burn in time.
like wise is C3 need any burn in to achieve the full potential.

Sep 27, 2013 at 9:29 AM Post #1,815 of 3,325
  i got the c3. i used around 15hrs. 
i am just comparing with ipod shufle.
used westone 4 IEM for listening without any amp.
likes the black background of C3 and can able to listen the songs for long time without any fatigue.
other things like detail, separation and imaging sounds same on both device.
i already got Nova N3 that i can able to make the clear distinction from ipod shuffle.
but Nova N3 needs some burn in time.
like wise is C3 need any burn in to achieve the full potential.

Great pairing imo. I was using Westone 4 and C3 for quite sometime,  Nice and smooth, non-fatuiging, great for relaxing late at night. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back