Colorfly C3 Discussion Thread
Aug 4, 2013 at 3:53 AM Post #1,637 of 3,325
Aug 4, 2013 at 2:17 PM Post #1,638 of 3,325
Gintaras, I'm listening to Yes' "Close to the edge" with the C3+BH+Fidelio X1 combo. and I've never heard Chris Squire's bass sound quite like this. Whoa. 

Aug 5, 2013 at 1:06 AM Post #1,640 of 3,325
Quote:
Loved this album. Very good taste of music
smily_headphones1.gif

+1

Aug 5, 2013 at 5:03 AM Post #1,641 of 3,325
Gintaras, I'm listening to Yes' "Close to the edge" with the C3+BH+Fidelio X1 combo. and I've never heard Chris Squire's bass sound quite like this. Whoa. 

+1, and YES forever, Close to the edge is one of their best albums together with Relayer :wink:
of newer i am big fan of Magnification but of less popular i like Mr Tormatto

Aug 5, 2013 at 4:38 PM Post #1,642 of 3,325
How can anyone navigate through this thing? I don't even know how they sort the files.

And how do take repeat off?

I knew the UI was bad but damn.

Aug 5, 2013 at 5:11 PM Post #1,644 of 3,325
Quote:
How can anyone navigate through this thing? I don't even know how they sort the files.

And how do take repeat off?

I knew the UI was bad but damn.

LOL It's pretty easy once you get used to it. It's folder based, so the way you've put the files on the c3 or your sd card is the way they will be sorted. When you hold the button with the small squares that form a bigger square you'll get settings to change the eq presets or the repeat mode. As far as navigation it's pretty straight forward - when you navigate through your folders and files the Volume + and - buttons can be used to go up and down and the same goes for the "l<" and ">l" buttons, which also do that, so you can mix things up and use any of them for navigating - for instance I use the - and the >l buttons to navigate

Aug 5, 2013 at 5:30 PM Post #1,645 of 3,325
LOL It's pretty easy once you get used to it. It's folder based, so the way you've put the files on the c3 or your sd card is the way they will be sorted. When you hold the button with the small squares that form a bigger square you'll get settings to change the eq presets or the repeat mode. As far as navigation it's pretty straight forward - when you navigate through your folders and files the Volume + and - buttons can be used to go up and down and the same goes for the "l<" and ">l" buttons, which also do that, so you can mix things up and use any of them for navigating - for instance I use the - and the >l buttons to navigate

Yeah I know its folder based but it doesn't sort the song alpha numerical, it's just random. Even the folders... It's not alphabetical.

Aug 5, 2013 at 5:48 PM Post #1,646 of 3,325
Aug 5, 2013 at 6:00 PM Post #1,647 of 3,325
Aug 5, 2013 at 6:20 PM Post #1,648 of 3,325
Quote:
 the file names are numbered already....but it doesnt show in alphanumerical sorting.

Yeah, because it shows it in the way they were copied in the folder and also when you convert files they are usually copied to the folder in the order in which they were converted this might happen. I use Fat Sorter for that - it kinda moves them to another folder and copies them back in the right alphanumerical order - bare in mind it's a bit slow on big folders with lossless music. So while ordering folders in alphabetical order takes like a second with Drive Sort, it will take a bit longer to order all your folders that have tracks with scrambled numbering.

Aug 5, 2013 at 6:33 PM Post #1,649 of 3,325
If you didn't see it this is the link for the alphanumeric Fat Sorter http://thehes.org/fatsorter/anfatsort.zip . You just unzip it in a folder and click on the fatsorter icon to start the program. Then load the folder that needs arranging  and check the "sort in place" box to the right. Then it's a good idea to actually open that folder in a new window to see how the files are first removed from it and then they start to appear, so you can see when all the files are back in it as Fat Sorter doesn't notify you with a message when it finishes reordering them.

Aug 5, 2013 at 6:50 PM Post #1,650 of 3,325
Gotta love new C3 owners, I must of seen this pattern repeat itself several times in this thread.

I'll let Sir Kova work with you. But don't worry, after a few days, you'll be loving your C3. :wink_face:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back