Colorfly C3 Discussion Thread
Jun 12, 2013 at 2:31 PM Post #1,381 of 3,325
Quote:
[size=medium]Hello,[/size] [size=medium]  [/size]
[size=medium] I'm the owner of a Sensa Fuze+ and Grado SR-80i which I only use at home listening to Flac. The sound is Ok (a bit muffled for my ears),[/size]
[size=medium]  [/size]

I find this hard to believe. The Grados are far from muffled, if anything they are the complete opposite of muffled.....and the Fuze+ has a pretty linear frequency response. If that combination sounds muffled to you, then a simple DAP switch will not be enough to make a noticeable difference.

Jun 12, 2013 at 6:12 PM Post #1,382 of 3,325
Quote:

I find this hard to believe. The Grados are far from muffled, if anything they are the complete opposite of muffled.....and the Fuze+ has a pretty linear frequency response. If that combination sounds muffled to you, then a simple DAP switch will not be enough to make a noticeable difference.

Well I as said, when I connect the Grado to my Nad Amp, there is a world in SQ compared to the Fuze+: In that case, it is opposite of muffled.
I would have thinked Audiophile DAPs from Colorfly would be closer to an Amp found in a living room, but I could be wrong.

Jun 12, 2013 at 6:27 PM Post #1,383 of 3,325
Quote:
I've had the c3 for months now, just received the C&C amp, and screw****!!!!!!!!!!!!  This set up sounds amazing with my Miracles!  Thanks for all the advice. 

C3  itself is already an excellent DAP. It sounds better than all iPods , all Sansa, ...etc. 
Adding C&C, push C3 to the next level. It sounds like $400 DAP even this combo is only costs $200.
biggrin.gif

Jun 15, 2013 at 4:58 AM Post #1,385 of 3,325
I was really looking forward to buy the fiio X3 for my newly acquired Sennheiser HD 25-II; but it would be 200 euro (266 USD) and then I had to pay for shipping too.

So I decided to pickup the Colorfly C3 for 88 USD (they give you a nice budget iem too hisoundaudio flamenco) and the SMSL SAP-4s (2013) amp, which is only 44 USD.  Totals 132 USD with shipping to The Netherlands!
I do aware the C3 doesn't have so many features and it doesn't do 24 bit flac playback; but well.. I figured the music albums I have on cd are not recorded in 24 bit depth anyway and I don't need tagging or albumart.

If I don't like the amp I will pick up the C&C BH as I hear alot of great things regarding synergy.
Is there anyone who has the same setup or paired the Sennheiser HD 25-II with the C3?

I hope it sound a bit like my home setup; desktop computer/audigy 2 - kx drivers/kernel streaming/foobar asio drivers/Yamaha as-500 :D.

Jun 15, 2013 at 5:18 AM Post #1,386 of 3,325
Quote:
I was really looking forward to buy the fiio X3 for my newly acquired Sennheiser HD 25-II; but it would be 200 euro (266 USD) and then I had to pay for shipping too.

So I decided to pickup the Colorfly C3 for 88 USD (they give you a nice budget iem too hisoundaudio flamenco) and the SMSL SAP-4s (2013) amp, which is only 44 USD.  Totals 132 USD with shipping to The Netherlands!
I do aware the C3 doesn't have so many features and it doesn't do 24 bit flac playback; but well.. I figured the music albums I have on cd are not recorded in 24 bit depth anyway and I don't need tagging or albumart.

If I don't like the amp I will pick up the C&C BH as I hear alot of great things regarding synergy.
Is there anyone who has the same setup or paired the Sennheiser HD 25-II with the C3?

I hope it sound a bit like my home setup; desktop computer/audigy 2 - kx drivers/kernel streaming/foobar asio drivers/Yamaha as-500 :D.

The downside for C3: it can't play 24bits FLAC, APE & ALAC
However I can ensure it sounds many time better in term of sound quality  than iPod or Sansa.
Adding the BH amp, will push C3 in one more level in term of sound quality.

Jun 15, 2013 at 6:03 AM Post #1,389 of 3,325
Quote:
C3 is very picky about the portable amp.
Even my GoVibe Vestamp does not work with C3.

I just did some reading in this topic and indeed and I read that fiio amps and the cmoy bb don't pair very nicely.
Worst case scenario is that sound won't improve I guess.

Weird though your amp with good specs don't pair nicely with the C3.
I might need to read more into the subject of "synergy".

With what iems or headphones do you use your C3 with? And do you use the C&C BH?

Jun 15, 2013 at 6:06 AM Post #1,390 of 3,325
Quote:

I just did some reading in this topic and indeed and I read that fiio amps and the cmoy bb don't pair very nicely.

With what iems or headphones do you use your C3 with? And do you use the C&C BH?

So far I don't have problem to play C3 with all my Headphones & IEM (shure SE215).

Jun 15, 2013 at 10:18 AM Post #1,391 of 3,325
Quote:
C3 is very picky about the portable amp.
Even my GoVibe Vestamp does not work with C3.

That's really strange as the C3 I have works perfectly well with my E11 and E17 which are both very flat amplifiers that have no hiss. I have also run this combination through every pair of headphones and earphones I own. I have also tried all combinations directly from the C3 as well as amped. I guess I'll have to pick up a C&C as well and read about "Synergy" too. Even plugging the C3 into the E09K to drive my DT880 Pro's sounds great.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Jun 16, 2013 at 4:03 AM Post #1,392 of 3,325
That's really strange as the C3 I have works perfectly well with my E11 and E17 which are both very flat amplifiers that have no hiss. I have also run this combination through every pair of headphones and earphones I own. I have also tried all combinations directly from the C3 as well as amped. I guess I'll have to pick up a C&C as well and read about "Synergy" too. Even plugging the C3 into the E09K to drive my DT880 Pro's sounds great.

Well if you pick up the cc bh please report back your findings. I am planning to get one too, but that won't happen for another month. Still feeling the hole in my wallet burnt by my new sennheiser headphone and just bought c3 too :).

Jun 16, 2013 at 9:05 AM Post #1,393 of 3,325
Quote:

+1

it all depends on what you like and to know this you have to listen. some people felt happy with Fiio and others went BH.
mind this E12 was getting fairly good responses and BH is well known as having great synergies with C3 (i own this pair).
mind this it all depends on the size of your wallet, you can always opt for C5 or T1 if money not an issue.
the major rule is for every wallet you can find a nice portable setup without the need to spend thousands. my personal conclusion was C3+BH+H200 = best budget setup without breaking a bank :-D

Jun 16, 2013 at 9:27 AM Post #1,394 of 3,325
If you're not rich the H-200 can crap on your wallet all by itself tho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back