Colorfly C3 Discussion Thread
Mar 28, 2013 at 10:51 PM Post #961 of 3,325
I'm drunk again but I'll say it - Experience and testing. And that's more than enough and more than what most of the people who heard the combo and you quoted have. As I already said I have nothing against the BH and actually I've been using it for more than 200 hours straight as a desktop amp but I just can't honestly recommend the C3/BH combo to anyone unless he has that particular headphone that works good with it. As Hulk says "You won't like me when I'm angry" and I'm still not, so don't make me begin a bashing campaign because of few comments and people who don't have enough experience but still try to pass their opinion for legitimate and universal. If X works with Z you say that X works with Z - you don't start recommending to people X assuming that it has the some synergy with A, B, C, D, E, F, G ,H etc.If it actually sounds great with A, then you say - "yeah, it sound good with A and you should try it if you have A". You don't say -"yeah, it sounds great with everything" when you actually tried it only with Z and A or just A.

I have no proof of any experience you have besides being drunk, which certainly shine through.

I ask you again, have you got anyone else who can back up your claims?

Mar 28, 2013 at 11:12 PM Post #962 of 3,325
Quote:
I have no proof of any experience you have besides being drunk, which certainly shine through.

I ask you again, have you got anyone else who can back up your claims?

Seriously? Back up which of my claims - that the BH is way better when fed by a decent DAC? That the C3+BH combo is not even close to drive properly the vsonic VC02 (and other iems like er4s, mh1c, im716 etc.) with the C3 and the BH both maxed with the BH on high gain while when powered properly the BH has enough power for the VC02 even on low gain? What do you want me to say that isn't true? You know I really like the C3 way before you got it. You know I like the BH for what it can do for that money. You won't to see me say the C3 +BH has bad synergy with everything just because it's sub-par with the A161P because the C3 and the E11 is a similarly bad combo for it. Do you want me to comment on people who got the C3 and never had a portable amp or compare the BH to low-end fiios when they give their opinion? 

Mar 28, 2013 at 11:20 PM Post #963 of 3,325
I have presented several pieces of positive feedback to back up my opinion, you have provided nothing but yours!

Mar 28, 2013 at 11:31 PM Post #964 of 3,325
Quote:
I have presented several pieces of positive feedback to back up my opinion, you have provided nothing but yours!

Well, I can act like you - provide me with the feedback of well known head-fi users that have experience with different rigs and headphone combos. I won't change my opinion and I honestly don't care if you agree with it. If users find the combo good for their need and like it then good for them. It's like when people were bragging about the klipsch s4  and the tf10 - if you actually believe that's the best you can get for that money and you like it then by all means go for it. I'm not bashing on either the C3 or the BH - just the synergy between them. I'm just saying that the BH has way way more potential that is going to waste with the C3 combo and the E11 has better synergy with the C3 with more headphones. At the end though it all boils though to personal preference

Mar 29, 2013 at 2:52 AM Post #966 of 3,325
Quote:
I was going to get BH for my C3 + Momentum. But after reading above comments, I don't know anymore...

Honestly, that's just one opinion out of many. I am currently using the V-Moda M80's with the C3/BH combo and receiving stellar results! 
biggrin.gif

Plus, it's always worth a try. Some may say otherwise, but really, to me, and obviously, some others here too, agree that the C3/BH make a good combo when paired with headphones. I tend to use IEMs with my C3/BH combo too, but nevertheless, headphones work exceptionally well. 

Mar 29, 2013 at 3:21 AM Post #967 of 3,325
Kova, lets set the record straight.

1) Head-Fi is NOT a shop
2) we are not sellers of gear living from commissions
3) we share only our experience with the gear we have
4) we are not asking you or anyone else to agree to our conclusions
5) we prefer enjoying music instead of rambling on forums
6) if someone is not happy with the gear he is welcome to sell it and move on
7) going personal never helps sane discussion.

good bye

Mar 29, 2013 at 3:35 AM Post #968 of 3,325
dsp, with our purchase of gear we always take risk but the cost of gear also defines how much risk.

in my case when i heard about BH and its price i decided to take a risk. i asked myself, hey, 100$, is this something i will cry about? in the end its price will not break my bank account by any means. so far i am happy.

purchasing gear is doing your homework. those who have expensive home rigs know what i talk about. and yes, sometimes we snap some mega buck gear and sometimes there is no chance to try this before buying because no shop selling this. does this mean we should abstain? no, rather we do homework and go ahead.

BH is fine amp for the money. of course this is not the best because the best costs 400-500$++ but BH does honest job and is nice sounding little amp with insanely long battery live per charge.

but if you want best of best you always can look further into 200$+ area and above where you find Leckerton, CypherLabs, ALO amps, Pico Slim, Fostex and many more. unlike with DAPs for which choices are scarce there are many stellar amps you will like.

what i am not sure is if you will like more expensive amps and paying out 200$ or 300$  or 400$ will surely make it more painful for you if you do not like what you buy.

i hope you see my point.

now going back to BH, why i like this? first of all because it does good job at fair reproduction of sound and does not mess around adding or taking anything... second, it has many options to tweak sound and also two outputs for IEMs... and it costs just 100$ which makes it less painful in case you do not like this.

as regards my setup i concur EB50 are very unusual and not so easy IEMs, they aim at true audiophile and produce sound which some casual listeners will not like. what i find BH is smoothing them out a bit and drives them with pride. but i never insisted anyone else should follow my experience and i also see some buyers complain about difficult fit of EB50 which is true... i was just lucky not to have fit problem with EB50 but others had.

as for gear, i usually do not stock up too much and use only what i like. this means my cheapo setup is all done and this is C3+BH+EB50.
my more expensive setup still waits to be completed and for now will include RWAK100+Tralucent amp+RDB+... the jury is still out on this and i am not sure if this will be final stop or i will continue searching. now if you compare costs you will see that the first setup is really very budget minded... the second setup is more akin typical highendish craze.

btw, you can check AK100 thread, there are some people reporting good results with XDuoo amp/dac with AK100. looks like a nice product costing around 300$ plus minus depending on model configuration.

hope this helps.

Mar 29, 2013 at 4:15 AM Post #969 of 3,325
SORRY for multiple posts but every them need separation. this is the last one.

Quote:
I can't do that - I can't be like Gintaras or Nikopol38 and start recommending it to everyone just because it has good synergy according to them with the EB50. I can't start saying - "Yeah it performs awesome with the s500 and thus everyone should get it." That's wrong.

dear Kova, if you believe what you say here then you should NOT recommend anything to anyone because you will never have as much experience with as many gear to do so....

LOGIC 101 in action, if you like.

now i do not think we recommend, rather we share our impressions. i would never waste my time on head-fi but i got this bug after BH and C3 which i found superbly sounding for me personally. i repeat it, FOR ME, not you or anyone else. so i decided to share my joy because my wife could not listen anymore to my happy ramblings :)

since i was dedicated Cowon user before and tried most of their products i could venture an opinion in comparison. also since i am good customer of a few high end and professional music shops i tried many other things among them complete Shure line for IEMs and etc. so my opinion is often based on experience.

also, i am not typical head-fier but i am typical live sound addict using concert sound and big rig sound to compare what i get from portable. i bet you are not frequent goer to proper live venues or so i suspect from some of your comments about sound virtues.

funny enough my business and what i do for living is so far away from music but... i love music to death and happily have friends who are pro musicians including a conductor for the orchestra at opera :)

in the end what i want to say is: IF you share HONESTLY your opinions with others there is nothing wrong in it and all we are people driven emotionally and else... but we are also GROWN UP people and must take responsibility for our choices. so i cannot accept myself blaming anyone for my choices... gladly i liked all my choice i made thanks to head-fiers but if there will be something i do not like, i rather sell and move on.

Mar 29, 2013 at 4:59 AM Post #970 of 3,325
Sorry I stated that it goes good with everything... It was just a fun comment hence the big smiley after it. Didn't mean to stir up the big old pot of hate...

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Mar 29, 2013 at 5:49 AM Post #971 of 3,325
Dragon, there is nothing wrong with your post IMO.
on a side note the only complaint i have about my BH is it cannot make coffee & toasts, something BH inventors should consider for future. 
darthsmile.gif

Mar 29, 2013 at 9:46 AM Post #972 of 3,325
Quote:
Kova, lets set the record straight.

1) Head-Fi is NOT a shop
2) we are not sellers of gear living from commissions
3) we share only our experience with the gear we have
4) we are not asking you or anyone else to agree to our conclusions
5) we prefer enjoying music instead of rambling on forums
6) if someone is not happy with the gear he is welcome to sell it and move on
7) going personal never helps sane discussion.

good bye

LOL I really got you worked up. You're acting like I said that's an awful amp or something even though I already said I like it - just not with the C3. I'm obviously not going to sell something I like just because it's not that good with one piece of my gear or blame anyone for making me buy it. Since when it's a crime to present my opinion on a matter and since when anyone oh head-fi should provide feedback from other people to make his opinion relevant(that's for you, H20)? I hate when people start quoting other people on head-fi instead of just standing by their own opinion. Just like you have your opinion I have mine. I don't need anyone's feedback to prove my point as what I'm stating is not a scientific or technical breakthrough - it's something that everyone with a little bit of knowledge on amps will tell you - amps don't perform at their best from headphone-outs. If you really don't believe that just start a thread with a poll and ask other head-fiers. And, Gintaras, contrary to what you think I'm a big fan of live venues and concerts and I really like all live recordings that haven't been mastered. As far as recommending stuff on head-fi goes - you should only recommend stuff you've heard or try to make an educated guess how it will sound if you've heard similar gear. For instance, when someone asks if the C3 will sound good with certian headphones I'll state its merits but also its shortcomings, including its output power. You won't see me say - "yeah, it sounds awesome with me A161P and I use them everyday, so you should buy it for your customs" (or something in that line), which is what you're doing even though you use it only with your EB50. I won't tell to dsp0704 that the combo sounds good with my s500, so it will with the Momentum when I haven't heard the combo and have no idea how it will sound

Mar 29, 2013 at 9:50 AM Post #973 of 3,325
popcorn.gif

Mar 29, 2013 at 10:22 AM Post #974 of 3,325
Wow!  This is like the Apple discussions pages, or like The Pirate Bay minus the swearing. 
deadhorse.gif

All I can say is, I wanted to upgrade my sound from my iPhone 4 using Triple Fi 10's.  I tried the C3 recommended here and really liked it.  Then the whole C&C thing was being talked about and, after some foot-dragging, I got one of them and a silver-plated cable.  Synergy?  No idea, but my combo sounds, to me, good.  Do I have a tin ear?  Maybe.  Do I have no clue?  Possibly.  Can I spell synergy?  Well, yes, I can.

To anyone asking if something will pair well with something else, it is really subjective.  Ya pays your money and ya takes your chances.  Someone telling you yes, it will or no it won't is using their ears and their ears are not your ears.  This is much different from someone saying, this device is a really good device.  Yes, my C3 is better than my i4 when it comes to sound quality.  That's not really subjective.  My Acura sound system is much better than the tape player I had in my 74 Celica.  My Oppo BDP-103 plays discs with more clarity and better sound than my old  Panasonic BD player.  Loads faster, too.  Quality is NOT synergy.  

Perhaps it would be better here if people just say, "I like this pairing," or "I do not like this pairing," rather than make sweeping statements about the efficacy of pairing various items.  Just as I am saying that I like the C3 with the C&C and TF 10's.  I'm only speaking for myself, because my ears are, well, mine.  I know I'm new here, but, subjectively, I like this combo.  If someone had said, "Oh, no, you can't pair those items together," would it have changed my mind about purchasing them?  Maybe.  And that would have been a shame.

So ask what you want, but remember that YOU will be listening to what you purchase, not someone else.  

Mar 29, 2013 at 9:04 PM Post #975 of 3,325
So, ignoring the flame war, my C3 just arrived. It sounds really good and pairs with and drives the Etymotic HF5s quite well. . .

And it feels like a tank. A clunky, slightly sluggish, but well performing tank. 
etysmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back