Colorfly C3 Discussion Thread
Feb 7, 2013 at 7:25 AM Post #541 of 3,325
vibes, do you know by chance the answer to my question concerning sd card and unwanted folders which are created by default by system? i mean Trashes and Spotlight? any chance to get rid of them or am i dreaming?

I can pop in with that one...
http://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/6707/how-to-stop-os-x-from-writing-spotlight-and-trash-files-to-memory-cards-and-usb

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Feb 7, 2013 at 1:11 PM Post #542 of 3,325
TollDragon, big thanks, will try it.

Feb 7, 2013 at 1:28 PM Post #543 of 3,325
small update on C3 and eb50 IEMs. my IEMs apparently are breaking in, sound becomes more fluid, trebles get much smoother and more sparkle, bass gains nice body and speed ... mid tones pop at you with silky presentations. all in all i find sound of C3 with musical fidelity  kind of magic. once put on your IEMs you cannot get them off... today in the office my mates had to approach me straight because otherwise i did not notice anyone around, everyone was wondering and laughing at me. to me eb50 ticks many audiophile boxes while being a single BA IEM. it is not perfect IEM perhaps and you can find better IEMs but that will cost more too. i simply cannot believe this small ugly cans can produce such amazing sound.

and C3 never stops to amaze me. i wonder how Chinese got it so right with this player. if i would not know some of their hifi i would be completely puzzled. C3 has magical sound, very lucid and transparent. comparing C3 to S9 now i feel Cowon has claustrophobic presentation. coming from S9 to C3 is like dropping walls and opening all windows on a sunny spring day, it is simply in another league like going from entry level hifi to a proper high-end rig. i would recommend C3 without slightest hesitation to anyone who values sound above all. just remember you might want to buy an amp for C3 especially if you have BA IEMs...

NB: in my setup C3 pushes it with MF eb50 and ZO2, i still wait for C&C to arrive and i can only imagine what will happen to me when i get it at home :)

Feb 7, 2013 at 1:39 PM Post #544 of 3,325
Quote:

MAch71 WELCOME to head-fi, great thread for a first post. Just be careful in here. I'll  let someone else tell you " and sorry about your wallet "
wink_face.gif

OH NOOOOOO is the harddrive inside the enclosure shot? ( I hope it is just the enclosure if there was one ) I fried one the same size when i built this comp. Now I have 3 complete copies.  Don't overhype things in your mind, and it may surprise you , at least you'ill hear it as objectively as possible when the time comes.  Also beware of other's opinions, everyone hears different. Hope your music files are higher bitrate/quality, this will show it. But honestly some of the lower quality files i have  keep impressing me also

Congratulations.

Ahah, hello nick n. Pardon me for my unduly late reply and much thanks :) . Wow, I see that this thread has gotten much larger.

I'll explain more of my experience with the C3 later on, in the mean time.. im just looking for an amp. ahah, just like about everyone else.
just created this thread
http://www.head-fi.org/t/650080/a-budget-amp-to-rival-jds-labs-bass-boost-cmoy-v2-03

Quite attracted to the cMoy now. I hope some people here will be able to help me choose one. 

Ooh, and about the harddisk.. i have no idea. surprisingly it was just a short date before the warranty was over. 

Hardly anything gets repaired these days do they, just replace the thang :wink: 
hope all's good withya !

Feb 7, 2013 at 6:06 PM Post #545 of 3,325
Hi there what do you want the amp for is it for better sound quality or more power? I mean are your iems not sounding loud and dynamic enough nr full volume? Forget about spending too much money on an amp for a c3 unless you have huge headphones and want to listen to it a lot indoors.
Then I would recommend something nice and cheap. As long as it's not broken it should be fine. An amplifier is not designed to produce more bass. An eq setting or a different set of headphones are a more sensible solution. The eq settings on the c3 aren't too pleasant tho.
A more sensitive pair of iems with more bass would be better value for money surely? How about klipsch x10is. Monster gratitude, easy fit in the ear for most people , bit of cable noise which can be minimised with supplied clips:)

Feb 8, 2013 at 12:35 AM Post #546 of 3,325
Hey guys...

I blind tested the C3 vs my iMod tonight  and I can definitely tell the difference. Same flac files running simultaneously...the C3 sounded better on every track.

I'm a big Floyd head...this time I used the remastered Dark  Side of the Moon for media and loved it! I saw Floyd do the Wall when the album came out here in NYC at Madison Square Garden and again when Waters came back for the 30th Anniversary...another great show was the Momentary Lapse of Reason Tour in 87...

I'm not getting the C&C until the end of the month...it's been shipped from Singapore...so its taking forever to get here. 

While I truly dig this little  DAP...I really can't wait for the FiiO to come out!

Feb 8, 2013 at 12:44 AM Post #547 of 3,325
Quote:
Hey guys...

I blind tested the C3 vs my iMod tonight  and I can definitely tell the difference. Same flac files running simultaneously...the C3 sounded better on every track.

So how would you describe the difference between the two?

Feb 8, 2013 at 1:11 AM Post #548 of 3,325

My guess would be the bass and treble response, the player has a certain tone,.instrument separation would be the first thing I would listen for personally. It gets this metronome like treble going on in combination with the separation, which I've mentioned before trances me at times.

Trance me... :wink:

Feb 8, 2013 at 1:20 AM Post #549 of 3,325
Quote:
Hi there what do you want the amp for is it for better sound quality or more power? I mean are your iems not sounding loud and dynamic enough nr full volume? Forget about spending too much money on an amp for a c3 unless you have huge headphones and want to listen to it a lot indoors.
Then I would recommend something nice and cheap. As long as it's not broken it should be fine. An amplifier is not designed to produce more bass. An eq setting or a different set of headphones are a more sensible solution. The eq settings on the c3 aren't too pleasant tho.
A more sensitive pair of iems with more bass would be better value for money surely? How about klipsch x10is. Monster gratitude, easy fit in the ear for most people , bit of cable noise which can be minimised with supplied clips:)

Hey Takeanidea, thanks for your suggestions
Kinda both power and sound quality for the amp. My headphones aren't that big, portable 40ohms, 40mm drivers. Guess what, i only found out about the C3's eq after weeks of owning it ahaha.. i didn't know it had.

i agree a better pair of earphones is a better solution but personally, I'm one of the few people in headfi who don't favor IEM's haha. Headphones all the way. I'm using WS55, known for its bass but here, i don't find it fulfilling or punchy enough. 

but thanks to H20Fidelity, he showed me the C&C BH amp which can rival the cMoy, so that's quite appealing for now.

oh and great news C3 surpasses iMod in some ways. i have the iTouch

Feb 8, 2013 at 2:56 AM Post #550 of 3,325
Hey guys...

If that was a blind test and you got those results that is extremely positive . I think the imod is a rip off. The Ipod has a ruler flat frequency response and inaudible distortion. Given that to be the case for all modern digital players there won't be a lot between any of them. In fact the only thing I can think must be different is the headphone out of each device. The only difference under non test conditions I've noticed is the c3 has less output.

Feb 8, 2013 at 2:57 AM Post #551 of 3,325
Takeanidea, i use ZO2 with C3 not because of player but because my eb50 are single BA IEMs and while they are great i find bass body especially in mid-range lacking a bit without amping. i use ZO in bass boost mode, not amp mode. ZO does bass boosting very nicely. still i ordered C&C and will see how this will change sound. right now i am very happy about my setup but perhaps C&C can become an eye opener?

i believe a nice amp adds positive synergy to the already great C3. IMHO it all depends on your IEMs and music genre you listening.

Feb 8, 2013 at 3:15 AM Post #552 of 3,325
My guess would be the bass and treble response, the player has a certain tone,.instrument separation would be the first thing I would listen for personally. It gets this metronome like treble going on in combination with the separation, which I've mentioned before trances me at times.

Trance me...
wink.gif

Hi that's extremely positive if that's been done under blind test conditions. It gives hope that some of this hype about the latest new dap might actually be true. What people need to realise is the following facts- most modern digital players , whether they cost a pound or 1000s of pound have a flat frequency response that reach the levels beyond human hearing and distortion levels that are inaudible. Given that information the only difference I can see is the headphone out. The only difference I noticed ( I hasten to say under non test conditions) between the 2 Daps is that the C3 has a lower output and struggles with my HD800s. The Imod , in my opinion, is a rip off. There's nothing extra being offered there sound wise from a normal ipod , at a huge price hike. I think there's a lot of rip offs going on out there which means that your money will be better spent elsewhere.

Feb 8, 2013 at 3:30 AM Post #553 of 3,325

Hey Takeanidea, thanks for your suggestions
Kinda both power and sound quality for the amp. My headphones aren't that big, portable 40ohms, 40mm drivers. Guess what, i only found out about the C3's eq after weeks of owning it ahaha.. i didn't know it had.

i agree a better pair of earphones is a better solution but personally, I'm one of the few people in headfi who don't favor IEM's haha. Headphones all the way. I'm using WS55, known for its bass but here, i don't find it fulfilling or punchy enough. 

but thanks to H20Fidelity, he showed me the C&C BH amp which can rival the cMoy, so that's quite appealing for now.

oh and great news C3 surpasses iMod in some ways. i have the iTouch

I don't favour iem's necessarily, when I'm out and about in the rain they make sense though. How about Denon AHD2000's? They have plenty of bass aren't super expensive like the much hyped HD650s esp. if you buy 2nd hand. And they go plenty loud enough for the C3. Power and sound quality

Feb 8, 2013 at 7:50 AM Post #554 of 3,325
Quote:

I guess the easiest way to say the difference would be to say that the C3 has a "deeper" sound with the Wall and DSOTM. With the iMod, it didn't give you the feeling of being IN the music as much as the C3 did. I was going back and forth (my wife actually unplugging and replugging). At one point I had her turn up the volume on both and the differences were more pronounced. With the C3, there was more depth and feeling of the songs. Now don't get me wrong...it wasn't like being on mesc back in the day listening to Floyd...but it sounded a little better than the iMod. Another word I would use is...richer...the sound was richer with the C3. 

Now if this little $80 unit can do this...why the hell is the price jump to the AK100 so immense? It's not the internal components I'm told...so what's the deal? I am SO hoping that the FiiO X3 can do this...but even better!

Feb 8, 2013 at 8:00 AM Post #555 of 3,325
That richness characteristic is also present in CK4+.. The best way I can describe CK4+( C3's older brother), is highly potent around the mid range, even more so than C3. Similar to drinking straight whiskey or consuming dark chocolate. Imagine C3 but the pane window is a touch misty, while CK4 is like looking through freshly polished glass.

Sometimes it's too much, it can over cook / flood with clarity. Nice on the ears though in the right doses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back