Colorfly C3 Discussion Thread
Feb 7, 2013 at 2:42 AM Post #526 of 3,325
Quote:
Today I finally tried my C3 with my new amp and I must admit that this dap absolutely shines with an amp. Bass are powerful now and treble peak has almost gone.

big congrats again and again... btw, what amplifier you took?

Feb 7, 2013 at 2:51 AM Post #527 of 3,325
Feb 7, 2013 at 3:01 AM Post #528 of 3,325
Quote:
btw, goodvibes, i am curious what hifi rig you have. i see you fairly experienced in gear and matching.

and i am so happy Ozkan found the way to enjoy great sound. because in the end this is all about sound and not gear per se.

I guess Ozkan can hear now that he likes it with an amp. I'm familiar with everything from a Marantz 8b to a Naim 500 and Quad 57s to top Dynaudio. Also some pro kit like Nagra recorders etc. I still have some of those and more at home but wont get more specific. There's a reason I almost only post in the portable forums.

Feb 7, 2013 at 3:05 AM Post #529 of 3,325
0:04- 0:06  helllo!

Do I see veneer . I just might, but it will be stuck there for good. Could always make a new backplate i guess and keep the stock one.

What screwsets were those again? A mobile phone thing?

Yes, he seems to have a modded back plate on there. I'm sure you could probably make one with the right tools and some lacquer. You need a screw driver (I don't know the name) same type that opens Nokia mobile phones back in the day. :tongue_smile:

Feb 7, 2013 at 3:05 AM Post #530 of 3,325
Quote:
I guess Ozkan can hear now that he likes it with an amp. I'm familiar with everything from a Marantz 8b to a Naim 500 and Quad 57s to top Dynaudio. Also some pro kit like Nagra recorders etc. I still have some of those and more at home but wont get more specific. There's a reason I almost only post in the portable forums.

understood, thanks :)

yes, Ozkan is now happy music lover who can put worries about gear behind him and immerse himself into listening sessions.
right now while typing i listen to Barbara Streisand on C3, one word - magical, and her voice is so natural nearly whispering into my ear, sweet sweet sweet. as one my friend says: ''i am happy as a pig'' :)))

Feb 7, 2013 at 3:29 AM Post #531 of 3,325
Quote:
goodvibes, to understand what is Ayon read this: http://www.avguide.com/review/ayon-audio-vulcan-ii-power-amplifier-polaris-iii-preamplifier-cd5s-cd-playerdac-tas-211

actually this is small manfucture in central Austria near Graz city but what they produce is state of the art.

and what does that have to do with a 'Chinese generic tube amp'. Looks interesting but I'm also familiar with the compared to Lamm product and anything that sounds that cool all the time gives up some music to do so. Some recording just aren't that good and changing them, changes the message.

I like your Cremonas. They can be a bit etched and analytical in the upper mid/lower treble if not setup just right. The M version as well. They're fussy but can be rewarding. You're not the only person I know that have smooth them out a bit with tubes. I actually preferred the auditor versions other than the bass. Like anything, having a good and experienced dealer will help. He may not have brought the best voiced for your speaker of that particular line to your home or resetup your system for a particular change. Rewarding ones are often not plug and play. You'd be amazed at how many expert setups I've found lacking and I'm just talking about the simple stuff like speaker setup which they used lasers and computers for.
rolleyes.gif

Feb 7, 2013 at 3:49 AM Post #532 of 3,325
goodvibes, you are completely right. by generic Chinese was not cheap by any means and i meant tube version. you know these days Chinese make some very interesting musical gear which often pushes above its price tag.
yes, you right, Cremenos do best with tubes, also since they are more forward sounding and Naim is forward sounding too that sometimes can be a bit too much. in my case it was all about matching, i always listen to sound first and only then pay attention to the brand name.

sorry i had no intention to offend you, perhaps i poorly expressed my thoughts.

Feb 7, 2013 at 4:00 AM Post #533 of 3,325
ok, back to C3, i have one issue. does anyone know how can i remove Trashes and Spotlight folders which appear on micro sd after copying music files? when i open sd card on my mac these folders are not showing up. however when put the card on C3 it shows me these two folders along with music folders. this is small inconvinience but i would be happy to know how to remove these.

Feb 7, 2013 at 4:18 AM Post #534 of 3,325
Quote:
goodvibes, you are completely right. by generic Chinese was not cheap by any means and i meant tube version. you know these days Chinese make some very interesting musical gear which often pushes above its price tag.
yes, you right, Cremenos do best with tubes, also since they are more forward sounding and Naim is forward sounding too that sometimes can be a bit too much. in my case it was all about matching, i always listen to sound first and only then pay attention to the brand name.

sorry i had no intention to offend you, perhaps i poorly expressed my thoughts.

I never said best with tubes. I said less critical. Naim with Cremonas works great if it's well chosen and setup. IMO

Feb 7, 2013 at 4:34 AM Post #535 of 3,325
goovibes, i can only trust your experience... but you know, i was sold on tube gear, really once addict is always addict. so for me this is tubes or nothing :)))))))))))

Feb 7, 2013 at 5:49 AM Post #538 of 3,325
vibes, do you know by chance the answer to my question concerning sd card and unwanted folders which are created by default by system? i mean Trashes and Spotlight? any chance to get rid of them or am i dreaming?

Feb 7, 2013 at 7:09 AM Post #539 of 3,325
Update on my C3 for what it is worth.

I have been using the C3 to play a variety of music from the Beach Boys to Efterklang and mostly using it amped with a Little Dot Mk1+ and through BeyerDynamic T50p. Happily I can report that I am really enjoying the sounds this combination is making and the additional exercise I am getting in foot tapping.

Compared to the RoCoo P it is less noisy in the background and the UI is better to deal with, particularly with a 16GB+ card that can take several minutes to read on the RoCoo but seconds on the C3. Still annoying that you cannot pause an album on the MicroSD card, turn the player off and come back to the same point when you turn it on again but I just have to improve my memory of where I was when I turned it off.

Of the two I will probably reach for the C3 over the RoCoo in future but I am thinking of adding the Just Audio amp to my collection so that might change things back yet!

Grateful to everyones views on this site and particular thread for helping me shape where my hard earned cash gets pointed next but finding this hi-fi hobby increasingly expensive!

Feb 7, 2013 at 7:25 AM Post #540 of 3,325
goodvibes, yes, this my system and my wife believes i am insane sickhead...while she is not against me spending money on gear she does not understand how i can spend half a day only listen to music. especially she does not like my portable setup because when i put on my IEMs i am switched off for the rest of the world. 
etysmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back