Colorfly C3 Discussion Thread
May 12, 2016 at 6:08 PM Post #2,746 of 3,325
Sadly my high hopes got shattered by its first impression last evening. :basshead:  It just doesn't sound Rich to my ears, bass is distorted , mids are poor & unclear & highs are harsh most of the times.

IMO, it doesn't match C3 SQ at all. I am highly disappointed, tried hooking it up Fiio A1, no fun either. On the other hand, A1 brings more out of C3.

Havinf said that I am happy for you that you find it better sounding than C3 with your setup. Lucky you.

3...2...1...Launch!
~Pfsh~
*BOOM*
Idea for Purchasing IMP shot down and destroyed.
XD

May 12, 2016 at 6:48 PM Post #2,747 of 3,325
3...2...1...Launch!
~Pfsh~
*BOOM*
XD

Lol...I can't speak for others, because I believe everyone has his/her own taste & ears with expectations...You can still give it a shot if you want, & return it like me. I am not a huge fan of drier Fiio M3 either, but it sounds way better than IMP. 
blink.gif

May 13, 2016 at 2:29 AM Post #2,748 of 3,325

Sadly my high hopes got shattered by its first impression last evening.
basshead.gif
 It just doesn't sound Rich to my ears, bass is distorted , mids are poor & unclear & highs are harsh most of the times.

IMO, it doesn't match C3 SQ at all. I am highly disappointed, tried hooking it up Fiio A1, no fun either. On the other hand, A1 brings more out of C3.

Havinf said that I am happy for you that you find it better sounding than C3 with your setup. Lucky you.

Oh man, that's really pity. I can't hear any distortions on bass, except with some EQ presets, but I don't use EQ. What ear/head phones are you using? I guess IMP can get harsh on brighter phones but it gives warmer phones great clarity and more clear sound.

May 13, 2016 at 2:49 AM Post #2,749 of 3,325
3...2...1...Launch!
~Pfsh~
*BOOM*
XD

We all have different ears and also much depends on what phones you're gonna use with IMP. I use VE Monk Plus (64ohm) earbuds with IMP and they sound really pleasant together. Not too bright, not veiled either and clean and detailed.
Such budget combo, but sound is real gem.
biggrin.gif

May 13, 2016 at 5:34 AM Post #2,750 of 3,325
Lol...I can't speak for others, because I believe everyone has his/her own taste & ears with expectations...You can still give it a shot if you want, & return it like me. I am not a huge fan of drier Fiio M3 either, but it sounds way better than IMP. :blink:

We all have different ears and also much depends on what phones you're gonna use with IMP. I use VE Monk Plus (64ohm) earbuds with IMP and they sound really pleasant together. Not too bright, not veiled either and clean and detailed.
Such budget combo, but sound is real gem.:D

Don't worry guys I was just kidding.

May 16, 2016 at 4:25 PM Post #2,753 of 3,325
Here I am still trying ways to love IMP more than C3, tested on my VModa M-100 with FIIO A1 without any EQs on both C3 & IMP. 

C3 is the clear winner ...

C3 is just more cleaner is all I can say, Mids are definitely better on C3, Treble is Cleaner & sharp than Imp & Bass is more controlled.

Everything else on Imp is awesome as far as user experience is concerned, far better interface, 1000 times better speed & h/w volume controls. I wish I could come up with an IMP set up, that can sound as good as C3..
frown.gif

BTW I am waiting for my V-Monk Plus

May 17, 2016 at 3:20 AM Post #2,754 of 3,325
  Here I am still trying ways to love IMP more than C3, tested on my VModa M-100 with FIIO A1 without any EQs on both C3 & IMP. 

C3 is the clear winner ...

C3 is just more cleaner is all I can say, Mids are definitely better on C3, Treble is Cleaner & sharp than Imp & Bass is more controlled.

Everything else on Imp is awesome as far as user experience is concerned, far better interface, 1000 times better speed & h/w volume controls. I wish I could come up with an IMP set up, that can sound as good as C3..
frown.gif

BTW I am waiting for my V-Monk Plus

That's because C3 is a true legend, taking on iPods, Cowons you name it, and as you found today the Imp

The little guy won't stand down, even raising his voice to the father figure Colorfly C4 Pro

Jun 2, 2016 at 11:03 AM Post #2,756 of 3,325
Sorry.

Jun 2, 2016 at 1:53 PM Post #2,760 of 3,325

Users who are viewing this thread

Back