Colorfly C3 Discussion Thread
Jul 15, 2015 at 9:03 AM Post #2,476 of 3,325
  That really could be the problem. I've got a few different 128GB cards, one Sandisk, two Samsung, and so far they are all working. I also formatted it in the C3(it's the recommended way). Mine is a later one for sure as it had the updated firmware when I got it in. Wish I could help here 
confused_face.gif

Wait, how do you format it in C3? I'm in firmware 1.00.00.06 and couldn't find any menu to format an SD card?

I bought mine from a local seller.

Hey can you post your C3 serial number, is it the 8GB model as well? I can always sell this one and buy another one from ebay.

Jul 15, 2015 at 9:07 AM Post #2,477 of 3,325

Wait, how do you format it in C3? I'm in firmware 1.00.00.06 and couldn't find any menu to format an SD card?

I bought mine from a local seller.

Hey can you post your C3 serial number, is it the 8GB model as well? I can always sell this one and buy another one from ebay.

SN: 60030077080102, and my current firmware is a custom version of 1.4., and yes I'm 8GB. You might want to try and update your firmware before doing anything else. simply download it and add it to an sd card and restart your C3. That might be your problem.

Jul 15, 2015 at 9:11 AM Post #2,479 of 3,325
  Custom version 1.4??? Where di you get that? Firmware alone could possibly fix the problem, really. I'm excited now 
confused_face(1).gif

I'll find the link for you, brb....OMG I'm an idiot,lol. I've been thinking all along that this is my X1!! Man, I'm on too many threads on here! Please disregard all I've posted here, this teaches me a good lesson, don't come on here after I work a 13 hour shift at work, lol. Sorry again. My bad all the way.

Jul 15, 2015 at 6:11 PM Post #2,481 of 3,325
  I'll find the link for you, brb....OMG I'm an idiot,lol. I've been thinking all along that this is my X1!! Man, I'm on too many threads on here! Please disregard all I've posted here, this teaches me a good lesson, don't come on here after I work a 13 hour shift at work, lol. Sorry again. My bad all the way.

False hope. What a dissapointment 
tongue.gif

I also have buffering issues on C3 with FLAC files, but never with MP3 files. I have Transcend 32gb Class 10 micro SDHC card. C3 is 8gb version.

You're getting buffer underrun on a 32GB microSD card??? In that case I'm pretty sure this is some kind of power-related issue.

Switch to Evo 64GB and I'm sure the issue will go away. It's just that we haven't tried any "working" 128GB yet. If anyone can try an Evo+ 128GB that would really help..

Jul 15, 2015 at 8:54 PM Post #2,483 of 3,325
Is a class 10 SD card necessary for good audio quality? I'm sure you get higher write speeds. But other than that?

I think at this point you better stick to any well-tested microSD cards discussed in the thread. Get an Evo 64GB and you'll be fine.

Audio quality will always be the same but that buffer underrun stutter is what messed it.

Jul 15, 2015 at 10:23 PM Post #2,484 of 3,325
As my guess is power issue, probably undervoltage or undercurrent due to the demands of some microSD cards, I am always thinking whether soldering a capacitor on the microSD slot power pins would cure the issue.

Apparently we have something here:
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=58643.0

Jul 16, 2015 at 7:51 AM Post #2,485 of 3,325
You're getting buffer underrun on a 32GB microSD card??? In that case I'm pretty sure this is some kind of power-related issue. 

Yes that's right, but it doesn't happen constantly. I made little test with 15 minute long FLAC song. First time I listened to it, I got three buffering issues, first one was around at 7,5 minutes and others some minutes after that. Then again I listened same song later and there wasn't any buffering issues at all. If it was power issue, I guess fast file browsing while playing song would cause those issues, but I think it doesn't. I wonder if Colorfly could answer this problem.

Jul 16, 2015 at 9:09 AM Post #2,486 of 3,325
Yes that's right, but it doesn't happen constantly. I made little test with 15 minute long FLAC song. First time I listened to it, I got three buffering issues, first one was around at 7,5 minutes and others some minutes after that. Then again I listened same song later and there wasn't any buffering issues at all. If it was power issue, I guess fast file browsing while playing song would cause those issues, but I think it doesn't. I wonder if Colorfly could answer this problem.

Well it is sporadic in my Evo 128GB. Once every 5, 10 minutes, short ones, 2 seconds-ones, 3 seconds-ones. Yet no such issue at all with both Evo 64GB I owned.

I don't think seek reading a memory card will require more power, though. It may not like spinning a disc faster or something like that :confused:

Which Transcend 32GB card do you own, btw? Is it the UHS-I ones?

Jul 16, 2015 at 9:50 AM Post #2,487 of 3,325
It's this one:
http://www.jimms.fi/fi/Product/Show/77166

It's not UHS-I regarding description (and price). I don't know about SD cards power usage but I just assumed when seeking directories, more resources are used and hence it uses (at least little) more power. I could be wrong though, it's not hard drive afterall.

Jul 16, 2015 at 10:52 AM Post #2,488 of 3,325

I don't know about SD cards power usage but I just assumed when seeking directories, more resources are used and hence it uses (at least little) more power. I could be wrong though, it's not hard drive afterall.

Yeah the power issue is just a guess anyway. I really wanted to put the capacitor hack but couldn't afford losing the one and only C3 I had lol

Jul 16, 2015 at 4:40 PM Post #2,489 of 3,325
OMG! Turns out my C3 was already delivered to my mailbox a week ago. I never bothered to check it since the ebay tracking showed no progress. But oh yeah! finally. Should I upgrade to the latest firmware? What's the consensus?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back