Colorfly C3 Discussion Thread
May 5, 2013 at 5:33 AM Post #1,186 of 3,325
fp, Cowon sounds more digital take it or leave it... BBE enhancements are nice to have but they do not solve the problem. going from S9 to C3 is like going from HiFi to a proper high-end. C3 sounds much more organic and analogue like in comparison. S9 EQ is fun but for critical music listening C3 beats S9 by a long mile. for me this was evident from the first moment when i got my C3.

May 5, 2013 at 5:40 AM Post #1,187 of 3,325
Gintaras,

Before you had C3 did you listen to S9 flat or with EQ? because for me I'd always used EQ even back to my car audio days to earphones I used EQ with everything, I couldn't imagine using a flat setting, it was all about the bass and treble forming extreme V shapes. When I first heard C3 it was a little shock because flat sounds completely different, I was even skeptical buying a player that has no 5 band EQ, because I felt locked out. But when I heard C3 I knew there was something about listening flat, I could feel the vibe. I can imagine the increase in quality with C3 would be very obvious if you were coming from a flat setting, but not for someone who was addicted to EQ their whole life beforehand.

So that's another reason why I admire C3 because it was the player that changed me from EQing everything to listening on a flat setting. Now? I cannot use EQ with any DAP, it sounds terrible, messes up separation blows signatures out of proportion.

May 5, 2013 at 5:57 AM Post #1,189 of 3,325
Quote:
Gintaras,

Before you had C3 did you listen to S9 flat or with EQ? because for me I always used EQ even back to my car audio days to earphones I used EQ with everything, I couldn't imagine using a flat setting, it was all about the bass and treble forming extreme V shapes. When I first heard C3 it was a little shock because flat sounds completely different, I was even skeptical buying a player that has no 5 band EQ, because I felt locked out. But when I heard C3 I knew there was something about listening flat, I could feel the vibe. I can imagine the increase in quality with C3 would be very obvious if you were coming from a flat setting, but not for someone who was addicted to EQ their whole life beforehand.

So that's another reason why I admire C3 because it was the player that changed me from EQing everything to listening on a flat setting. Now? I cannot use EQ with any DAP, it sounds terrible, messes up separation blows signatures out of proportion.

H2O, you are perfectly correct in your observations. Using Cowons without EQ would be dull experience. I had many Cowons beginning from famous X5L and no single time i would use them with EQ set to flat.

when i first listened to C3 i already knew i am at home with this little player despite different sound and less bass... because C3 sounds so much more natural :-D

May 5, 2013 at 5:59 AM Post #1,190 of 3,325
Btw: I have been reading comments from owners who now have both H-200 and RDB+ v1 this evening.

The results are lets say...interesting to say the least. :wink:

May 5, 2013 at 6:48 AM Post #1,192 of 3,325
Quote:
Btw: I have been reading comments from owners who now have both H-200 and RDB+ v1 this evening.

The results are lets say...interesting to say the least.
wink.gif

H2O, beware, because you were the one who praised RDB+ and now we can ask you to purchase all them back from us 
tongue.gif
ksc75smile.gif

honestly i do not believe H200 will sound any better than RDB+, at least TF10 made me believe so i consider H200 as rather a replacement for TF10 than RDB. TF10 are good IEMs pushing well in 200$ area but somehow i find TF being overly hyped by their owners too. mind this i had good experience with TF but might consider selling them if H200 happen to be so much better.

May 5, 2013 at 11:58 AM Post #1,193 of 3,325
Well, I love my Triple Fi's.  Great sound, much better than my UE 700's.  With Comply tips (the ones with the tiny screens) I get a good fit, great separation, and an excellent range of sound (bass to mid to high).  I listen to 60's rock like Beatles/Stones/Traffic/Band/Byrds/Beach Boys, as well as 70's & 80's stuff like Tears for Fears/Stevie Wonder/Crowded House/Hall and Oates/Steely Dan/Aimee Mann, and the sound is, to my ears, wonderful.  I run flat EQ on my music (I haven't run "spiky" EQ since I was 35- a long long, long long...long time ago) and it sounds like the mastering engineer intended it to sound.  I really enjoyed messing with EQ, but I tended to enhance parts (loved to up the mids so they really jumped out) and the end result was very artificial-sounding.  Flat may take a while to learn to enjoy, but it gives, to my ears, the best result.  The C3's EQ is, imho, crap, anyway.  The C3 sound shines as-is.  With the C&C with SF and LF on, the amount of processing is just about right.  But I was perfectly happy with the C3 sound before I got the amp.  And the C3 compared to my iPhone 4 is no contest.  I do miss not being able to use my DJay app, which would seamlessly transition songs with about a 3-5 second overlap (ahhh, 1960's radio- I miss those dj's), but I've learned to live with the C3's one-song-and-then-the-next delivery.

Now, if you like big boom boom, and you are one of those people that likes to make the cars around you shake from your bass (I hate when I'm at a stop light and my mirror is twitching and the change in my center divider is rattling from the guy next to me with his music so loud I can't hear my own music- or engine, for that matter) then the C3 probably isn't for you.  :)

May 5, 2013 at 12:11 PM Post #1,194 of 3,325
well Dude, there is nothing wrong with TF10 and i love them too. however i find comparisons to much better IEMs like RDB or Heirs being not well placed. TF10 is good in 200$ area but when go up i do not find TF10 being near as good as some people suggest.

i suspect many people love bass on TF10 and extension of trebles... but midrange is not outstanding and also crossover blending is not perfectly implemented.

May 5, 2013 at 5:31 PM Post #1,196 of 3,325
12 mW is it's output.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

May 6, 2013 at 7:23 PM Post #1,198 of 3,325
I am using the one that came with my silicone case. But I picked up a few iPad protectors for $2 each from Princess Auto (Canada) just have to cut them to size and the silicone case covers the edges nicely.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

May 7, 2013 at 5:44 AM Post #1,200 of 3,325
Well I received mine in the mail Saturday and finally listened to it today.  The + and - key for navigation seem backwards and after 8 hours the player started to seem bogged down and started to glitch so I had to power it off but it sounds nice.

Is there a way to random/shuffle play everything on the memory card?   I have all my flacs by artist and album and meh.. kinda a pain.

After 9 hours though the players showing the battery with 2 bars.  volumes been at 17 all night.

Whats the difference between all and all repeat under repeat mode?

Also I screwed up the SG screen protector and the one it came with was a good 2nd attempt but i managed to get a spec of red cloth under there and I have a air bubble 
blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back