Colorfly C3 Discussion Thread
Feb 4, 2013 at 4:37 PM Post #481 of 3,325
Ozkan, just now noticed your comment about adding db .... Sorry mate, your comment was so funny, excuse me but no one would be able to measure it like that unless carrying capable equipment and i am sorry to disappoint you but unless you sit on your mixer recorder it does not matter.... What i assume you cannot find on c3 is bass woof and meaty midrange huha... I know my Shure 215 can bring this easily... So if you like this then you must change your IEMs from balanced armature to dynamic drivers for more darkish meaty bass presentation. I can bet you will not notice stage shrink and closeness because most consumers do not. I know it takes a few liatening sessions in good audio room before bassheads begin to understand what live music is all about.

To each his own but please... no more db... Your comment sent me laughing today :)))

With friendly regards

Feb 4, 2013 at 6:06 PM Post #482 of 3,325
Quote:
Ozkan, just now noticed your comment about adding db .... Sorry mate, your comment was so funny, excuse me but no one would be able to measure it like that unless carrying capable equipment and i am sorry to disappoint you but unless you sit on your mixer recorder it does not matter.... What i assume you cannot find on c3 is bass woof and meaty midrange huha... I know my Shure 215 can bring this easily... So if you like this then you must change your IEMs from balanced armature to dynamic drivers for more darkish meaty bass presentation. I can bet you will not notice stage shrink and closeness because most consumers do not. I know it takes a few liatening sessions in good audio room before bassheads begin to understand what live music is all about.

To each his own but please... no more db... Your comment sent me laughing today :)))

With friendly regards

I wasn't sure how my Heir Audio 4Ai's would sound with the C3...and let me tell you...they sound GREAT! I also just tried my Westone UM3X reshelled into CIEM's and they too sound great..though not as good as the Heir Audio's. I have absolutely no issues with bass and mids...lol...I don't see where that's coming from. Even un-amped this little bugger sounds great. 

I also re-ripped Dark Side of the Moon and added the cue sheet and it's flawless. Every little nuance of the album is presented in great detail. I'm looking into throwing on the Wall next.

Feb 4, 2013 at 6:20 PM Post #483 of 3,325
H20, btw, do you have Hifiman R0 or R-Zero? Some reviewers find R-Zero worth little extra $.

Will dig bit before buying since eb50 does good job for me and adding something new must at least be not less quality because musical fidelity sets the bar high especially amped.

I have the RE0, :smile:

it clearly can't drive demanding headphones on its own, especially something like the RE0 (I assume

It drives them Kova, no problem, I have them on now, I was surprised, it sounds fine. 28/40 for a normal listening level. It actually drives them well too. (not joking)

You should know me by now, :wink:

Feb 4, 2013 at 6:23 PM Post #484 of 3,325
Quote:

With friendly regards

What is so funny about my opinion on sound? I think you do not get it.It doesn't have a flat equalizer. I meant all I hear is mid frequencies and peaky treble. Bass is weak and I'm noticing this with both my Pfe's, Re-0 and many dynamics I own. I really think it is equalizer on normal setting is too mid forward and shrill and digital sounding and I have to say that I am coming from a Meizu M6 Sl. For me the software needs to fix equalizer or maybe add bass and treble options that we can adjust or with a user eq which is adjustable for our tastes. 

Feb 4, 2013 at 6:25 PM Post #485 of 3,325
What is so funny about my opinion on sound? I think you do not get it: I meant all I hear is mid frequencies and peaky treble. Bass is weak and I'm noticing this with both my Pfe's, Re-0 and many dynamics I own. I really think it is normal equalizer is too mid forward and shrill and digital sounding and I am coming from a Meizu M6 Sl. For me the software needs to fix equalizer or maybe add bass and treble options that we can adjust or with a user eq which is adjustable for our tastes. 

You're meant to adjust to the sound of C3 how it was designed, not alter it yourself. if you want to play with EQ maybe a Cowon player would be better for you.

Feb 4, 2013 at 6:38 PM Post #486 of 3,325
-

Feb 4, 2013 at 11:37 PM Post #488 of 3,325
I always listen to my music at a flat eq.  That's the way it was mixed.  If I start to tweak it, it becomes something entirely different from what the artist intended.  That's what has attracted me to the C3.  I have Triple Fi's, and they will give me a good clean sound with this player.  I don't want thumpy bass, I want a clear sound that is equally spread across the spectrum.  So if I listen to acoustic music or the Beatles or the Stones, it will sound the way it should.  Of course, your milage may vary.  

Feb 5, 2013 at 12:53 AM Post #489 of 3,325
Personally C3 is a great player because I have one. It works well with all my headphone/IEM without amp. I don't think C3 needs any burn-in period.
The amp (GoVibe VestAmp) that I have unfortunately did not have good synergy with C3 and it sounds aweful!
According to some headfiers if you use the right amp, it will bring C3 to the next level of listening experience.

Feb 5, 2013 at 1:30 AM Post #490 of 3,325
Ozkan, sorry mate, did not want to be harsh on you: http://www.animations.physics.unsw.edu.au/jw/dB.htm
i just do not find it real to hear 1db difference in sound quality, rather in volume but not more. might be i am wrong but from my experience this will be not so obvious because how you measure c3 flat curve???

i agree, c3 is mid centric but not very much and is more neutral than many other players with boom bass signature.
anyway, i think it does not matter since i do not want to reconvince you and you will not change my opinion. i love what i hear from c3, if you do not i cannot help you. easiest way to make yourself happy is to sell what you do not like and buy what you like.

Feb 5, 2013 at 1:34 AM Post #491 of 3,325
Ozkan, by the way, mid centric is meant in good sense... neutral sound indeed sounds mid centric when you arrive from various EQ spiced equipment. as a matter of fact C3 has more flat curve response than many players around, it is more close to neutral IMHO... same as are my eb50 :)

believe me i know what neutral sound means, i used to work with studio and stage equipment.

Feb 5, 2013 at 5:27 AM Post #492 of 3,325
Question 4U pals... i trust your experience and would love to listen to your opinions - if any - about Sennheisers cx880 vs. Monster ENErgy IEMs. perhaps some of you had them.
my dilemma is simple. i need to exchange faulty IEMs still on guarantee for my daughter. she had cheaper Senns. now i am thinking about adding some more cash to buy her a better IEM but my experience with consumer makers is not so great since i never used anything below Klipsch x10. so i do not know which one to take from these two offered at discount and i can use money i get from guarantee???

please help if anyone of you had experience with these.

Feb 5, 2013 at 5:28 AM Post #493 of 3,325
PS: i know this is C3 thread but i believe your knowledge extends beyond one brand name
wink.gif

Feb 5, 2013 at 5:49 AM Post #494 of 3,325
btw, a nice guide to earphones here http://bit.ly/hJWWiu

sadly this does not have IEMs i need to choose from :frowning2:

Feb 5, 2013 at 6:18 AM Post #495 of 3,325
Question 4U pals... i trust your experience and would love to listen to your opinions - if any - about Sennheisers cx880 vs. Monster ENErgy IEMs. perhaps some of you had them.
my dilemma is simple. i need to exchange faulty IEMs still on guarantee for my daughter. she had cheaper Senns. now i am thinking about adding some more cash to buy her a better IEM but my experience with consumer makers is not so great since i never used anything below Klipsch x10. so i do not know which one to take from these two offered at discount and i can use money i get from guarantee???

please help if anyone of you had experience with these.

Reading the two brand names alone makes me lean towards Sennhesier. I'll be honest, I had a pair of Monster Turbine I wasn't overly impressed with them. I also believe something like SoundMAGIC E10 for $35 would come close to superior to both those choices IMO.

When I want to research an IEM I use the site amazon and check reviews to grab a feel of the item.

Here's amazons reviews on CX880

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-CX-880-Isolating-Premium/product-reviews/B009QV3NBM/ref=pr_all_summary_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back