Colorado High-Fi 2009 Summer Meet 7-25-09 (UPDATED DATE/LOCATION!)
Apr 15, 2009 at 5:25 AM Post #16 of 230
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm going to put you down as a yes!

Do you have any gear you would like to bring, or hope that someone will bring to listen to?

Unfortunately, I haven't accumulated any headphone gear for over two years (since the first CO meet I helped organize @ Westone)
frown.gif

I can bring what's in my signature, though.

Apr 15, 2009 at 6:00 AM Post #18 of 230
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Be sure to put some lossless jazz, classical and rock on the 6G Classic...
tongue.gif

Ooh, my friend, it will be slim pickens on the jazz...haven't dove in yet. There's more classical and a lot more rock but this will be a good oportunity for you to hear some wonderful goa/psytrance!
L3000.gif

Apr 17, 2009 at 4:31 AM Post #20 of 230
IMPORTANT!

Some of us are concerned about the low confirmed attendance numbers so far. One of the organizers/financiers of the meet says we probably need 15 people to make this meet cost effective (worth the time and expense to reserve meeting rooms at a hotel). He suggested that we try to boost our numbers by May 11th to get closer to the attendance goal, before he decides whether to continue with the event or cancel it. If we don't meet the goal, it certainly wont be on the scale that it was originally envisioned/planned.

WE NEED more people to commit to the meet over the next 3 weeks, to be sure that this meet will be successful and not canceled, or significantly reduces and relegated to somebody's personal home. An expert I knew once said that if you plan an event more than 12 weeks in advance then people don't want to commit to it yet, and if you plan an even less than 6 weeks in advance then most people have already made plans. This meet is 14 weeks away, so I know it is asking a lot for you guys to step up and decide this far in advance. Let's show everyone that the Rocky Mountain Head-fiers are as involved as those east and west coasters, or the Chicago and Florida peeps. There are a few head-fiers that have not responded to my PM about the meet, and many more that I have no way to identify from the area. If you can add a link to this thread to your sig line, so more people find this thread, that would be great.

Also - It seems a couple of people have trouble with the July 25th date. I can't easily do the original July 18th date - my daughter turns 14 on the 17th and was going to be away at camp during the meet, but that changed so her party is that weekend. If it will help, it might be possible to take a vote about the dates and see if more people can attend on July 11th than on the 25th (or some other date). I cannot say whether this can be changed again, but if it means not losing the meet I want to do whatever I can.

Apr 17, 2009 at 4:42 AM Post #21 of 230
I've committed, and I'll try to spread the word. I've talked to some people who are uncommitted, and will try to sway them.

How many people were there last year? I backed out at the last minute cuz I was scared
smile.gif

Apr 17, 2009 at 5:06 AM Post #22 of 230
I'm gona sorta plan to come. The wife is gona be 8 months pregnant at that point but I don't think it will be an issue.

I've never been to a meet so I have to ask a few noob questions.

Are tables, chairs, power strips, and power cords provided by the hotel or do we bring our own?

Are significant others who may not be particularly interested in head-fi welcome to hang out?

Apr 17, 2009 at 6:03 AM Post #23 of 230
Quote:

Originally Posted by wiatrob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've committed, and I'll try to spread the word. I've talked to some people who are uncommitted, and will try to sway them.

How many people were there last year? I backed out at the last minute cuz I was scared
smile.gif

I am guessing at the last July meet there were about 20-25 of us, with about 9 or 10 who set up at tables with their own gear (I can only name 6 of those, including me). I think we had two on one wall (Blutarsky and me), three on another wall (Sherwood, Luminette, and I forget his name), and 4 in the center tables (Asr, ericj, and two others). Then a portable Predator love-fest was going on by the beer table.

Quote:

Originally Posted by coredump /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm gonna sorta plan to come. The wife is gona be 8 months pregnant at that point but I don't think it will be an issue.

I've never been to a meet so I have to ask a few noob questions.

Are tables, chairs, power strips, and power cords provided by the hotel or do we bring our own?

Are significant others who may not be particularly interested in head-fi welcome to hang out?

Absolutely, the more attending to be assimilated into the borg the better. Tables and chairs should be provided, and maybe extension cords, but power strips and conditioners should be brought by all with gear.

I need more than a "sorta plan to come" - did you actually mean, "I will definitely be there as long as my wife is not delivering our baby one month early"? A yes will be sufficient.
biggrin.gif

Apr 17, 2009 at 2:36 PM Post #24 of 230
If it were a different date, I would almost certainly come. I'm just going to be gone between the 17th and the 26th.

However, as of right now, I have no gear to bring... I would more just be there to mingle with fellow head-fi'ers and listen... if thats ok. I might have a pair of MS2s by then... but right now my only headphone is a CX300.

Apr 17, 2009 at 8:36 PM Post #25 of 230
I haven't been real active on here lately, but you can put me down for the meet. I've gotten a couple of new sources since last years meet, a Duet and an AMB Gamma-1, both of which I'll plan on bringing. I should also have an M^3 with HD-600's, and an Ipod Classic 5g -> Mini^3->ATH-ESW9 portable setup

nine

Apr 17, 2009 at 8:55 PM Post #26 of 230
Yes, thats what I meant.
icon10.gif
Things I can bring:

DT770
ProLine 2500
K701
AD900
A700
MS1
HD650
Audio-gd Compass
Little Dot MKIII

I can also bring a Zero if someone wants to hear it but I wont have a source for it.

Apr 17, 2009 at 11:41 PM Post #28 of 230
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blutarsky /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone hear from Luminette lately? I didn't see him on the list...

Also, don't forget that Mark Schifter from AV123 http://www.av123.com/ is coming as well!

Will Mark be there as a vendor or as a participant?

I have PM Luminette a few times with no response.

Apr 18, 2009 at 2:20 AM Post #29 of 230
Hi:

I'd like to attend. I was the guy who attended last time with the Headroom Balanced Desktop, HD650s, and a Music Hall 25.2 CDP. I also brought some AT AD900s.

I live pretty close to the Red Lion, so I won't need a room. I will say, however, that my wife is due with our second on 8/1, so there is a chance I might be unable to attend.

I have pretty much the same setup as before, but have added the Headroom Home DAC to the Balanced Desktop. I have also added a PS Audio DLIII DAC with the Cullen Circuits stage 4 mods to my home stereo. I plan on bringing it as well to see how it stacks up. I have actually never compared it to my Balanced Desktop DAC because my headphone rig is at work and my home stereo is at, well, home.

As far as cables, I will bring some signal cable power and digital coax cables, along with a pair of Kimber hero XLR ICs. Oh, and almost forgot about my Black Sand Violet PC I bought from ASR a while back.

Thanks!

Apr 18, 2009 at 4:00 AM Post #30 of 230
Quote:

Originally Posted by greenman9 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi:

I'd like to attend. I was the guy who attended last time with the Headroom Balanced Desktop, HD650s, and a Music Hall 25.2 CDP. I also brought some AT AD900s.

I live pretty close to the Red Lion, so I won't need a room. I will say, however, that my wife is due with our second on 8/1, so there is a chance I might be unable to attend.

I have pretty much the same setup as before, but have added the Headroom Home DAC to the Balanced Desktop. I have also added a PS Audio DLIII DAC with the Cullen Circuits stage 4 mods to my home stereo. I plan on bringing it as well to see how it stacks up. I have actually never compared it to my Balanced Desktop DAC because my headphone rig is at work and my home stereo is at, well, home.

As far as cables, I will bring some signal cable power and digital coax cables, along with a pair of Kimber hero XLR ICs. Oh, and almost forgot about my Black Sand Violet PC I bought from ASR a while back.

Thanks!

Great - I enjoyed your rig last time, and apparently so did Asr (as I impatiently stood behind him and irritated him while he fed your rig one cd after another after another).

I would love to compare your Cullen modded PS Audio DL3 with my stock one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back