Colorado High-Fi 2009 Summer Meet 7-25-09 (UPDATED DATE/LOCATION!)
Jul 24, 2009 at 5:11 AM Post #196 of 230
Hello,

I am intrested in attending! I am a total noob to the audio scene but want to learn more. most of my very small collection is on the list already, but shout if you want me to bring along any of my stuff ^^;

Gear: Audio-Technica ATH A700, Yuin G2a clipons, DIY Chu-Moy Pocket Amp

I look forward to seeing you all and hearing new sounds

Jul 24, 2009 at 5:13 AM Post #197 of 230
I'd like to think I can make the after meet, umm meet. Put me down as a definite maybe.

Jul 24, 2009 at 5:35 AM Post #198 of 230
Quote:

Originally Posted by mcloskey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello,

I am intrested in attending! I am a total noob to the audio scene but want to learn more. most of my very small collection is on the list already, but shout if you want me to bring along any of my stuff ^^;

Gear: Audio-Technica ATH A700, Yuin G2a clipons, DIY Chu-Moy Pocket Amp

I look forward to seeing you all and hearing new sounds

The best reason to bring some personal headphones that you are familiar with is to try them on other people's rigs and see how they get along, and then to share them with others if nobody brought that same headphone.

Jul 24, 2009 at 1:09 PM Post #200 of 230
Sunday? It's tomorrow, Saturday.

Jul 24, 2009 at 3:48 PM Post #201 of 230
Question: Does anyone that coming to the meet have a package (or two pair) of Comply T-100's they'd like to sell? I want to use them to try out other earphones, and also want to try the inner tubes for adapting my custom tips (which are sized for the outside of the X10, i.e. T-400).

Jul 24, 2009 at 3:56 PM Post #202 of 230
Quote:

Originally Posted by barleyguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Question: Does anyone that coming to the meet have a package (or two pair) of Comply T-100's they'd like to sell? I want to use them to try out other earphones, and also want to try the inner tubes for adapting my custom tips (which are sized for the outside of the X10, i.e. T-400).

I'll have a bunch with me you can use.

Jul 24, 2009 at 4:00 PM Post #203 of 230
Quote:

Originally Posted by p0wderh0und23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll have a bunch with me you can use.

Great. Thanks. The pair I use for my custom tips might get ruined (squished, torn, etc.), so that's why I was thinking I should pay for them. I'll catch up with you in the morning.

Do you happen to be bringing UM3X's? I'd love to hear some.

Jul 24, 2009 at 4:49 PM Post #205 of 230
Quote:

Originally Posted by p0wderh0und23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Grado RS1's along with myriad portable amps.

I hereby invoke Grammar Nazi Clause #53: You're not being a Grammar Nazi when you inform someone of a slight error that most people don't realize is wrong.

Let me listen to those UM3X at the meet and we'll call it even, sir
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 24, 2009 at 4:54 PM Post #206 of 230
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hereby invoke Grammar Nazi Clause #53: You're not being a Grammar Nazi when you inform someone of a slight error that most people don't realize is wrong.

smily_headphones1.gif

Totally off-topic (and feeding the grammar nazi), but according to dictionary.com, myriad is both a noun and an adjective, so can be used either way. (There is even a link to examples and discussions of that fact.)

myriad definition | Dictionary.com

Jul 24, 2009 at 5:01 PM Post #207 of 230
Quote:

Originally Posted by barleyguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Totally off-topic

Here it is, reproduced: "Usage Note: Throughout most of its history in English myriad was used as a noun, as in a myriad of men. In the 19th century it began to be used in poetry as an adjective, as in myriad men."Myriad myriads of lives." This poetic, adjectival use became so well entrenched generally that many people came to consider it as the only correct use. In fact, both uses in English are parallel with those of the original ancient Greek. The Greek word mūrias, from which myriadmūrias was used in general prose and in mathematics while the adjective mūrias was used only in poetry."
Excellent link -- thanks. I suppose if you'd like to sound like a non-poet from the 19th century, feel free to use it as a noun
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 24, 2009 at 5:10 PM Post #208 of 230
Further criticism of my view from wikipedia, should anyone be interested in this ridiculous alley I have dragged us into:
"Merriam-Webster notes, "Recent criticism of the use of myriad as a noun, both in the plural form myriads and in the phrase a myriad of, seems to reflect a mistaken belief that the word was originally and is still properly only an adjective.... however, the noun is in fact the older form, dating to the 16th century. The noun myriad has appeared in the works of such writers as Milton (plural myriads) and Thoreau (a myriad of), and it continues to occur frequently in reputable English. There is no reason to avoid it.""

Jul 24, 2009 at 5:27 PM Post #209 of 230
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif

smily_headphones1.gif

LOL!!!
deal.

Jul 24, 2009 at 6:02 PM Post #210 of 230
Larry - I was able to sell my SRM-006t. In its place, I'm taking my SRM-252. Not as nice as the SRM-006t, but at least folks can hear my SR-202s.

Also, I won't be arriving until around noon. My wife had a slight change in plans and thus, my hall pass got deferred at bit.

Look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back