Color photos from 100 years ago
Oct 20, 2011 at 9:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Spareribs

Headphoneus Supremus
This my 3000th post and to celebrate, I want to pay tribute to old color photos. I love black and white but old color photos can be great too.  There are lots of shockingly good color photos from many decades ago. 

Here's a little bit of info of color photography history:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_photography

These color photos of Russia are quite amazing. There's even more shots too if I remember correctly if you google the search.  Enjoy and behold.

Russia in color, a century ago - The Big Picture - Boston.com

Oct 20, 2011 at 9:59 PM Post #2 of 10
Considering they were taken right after the turn of the 20th century, the quality of the Russian pictures are astonishing. The subjects and landscapes are fascinating too. Thanks for sharing and congrats on 3,000. :)

Oct 20, 2011 at 10:18 PM Post #4 of 10
That is a totally new perspective on that history captured! Awesome.

M

Oct 20, 2011 at 10:19 PM Post #5 of 10
Awesome. Photography have evolved a lot since then.  

Oct 21, 2011 at 10:08 AM Post #8 of 10
 I actually had no idea color photography was possible back then. Call me misinformed
rolleyes.gif

The landscapes are amazingly beautiful. I'm surprised at the amount of detail in there.

Oct 22, 2011 at 8:00 AM Post #10 of 10
Thanks y'all. War photos are always impressive and at times shocking. 

Some of my all time favorite old color photos are of Marilyn Monroe in the 1940s before she became famous. Here's one of them.

As an added bonus to this thread, here's some nice color photos of the Great Depression era. Click the link below.

Rare Library of Congress colour photographs of the Great Depression | Mail Online

Users who are viewing this thread

Back