College Students
Aug 22, 2005 at 4:55 AM Post #32 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by deathBOB
I am a Freshman at UGA.

Cool! Another Athens Head-fier!

Aug 22, 2005 at 5:00 AM Post #33 of 52
Going into my 1st year at Univ. of South Florida (and 3rd overall, transferred after 2 years at UCF)

Aug 22, 2005 at 5:52 AM Post #34 of 52
My official title will be "Master of Science in Media Engineering". I'm on my third year here at Luleå university of technology, Sweden.

Aug 22, 2005 at 6:00 AM Post #35 of 52
Senior at a small liberal arts college in Chicago - Lake Forest College - double majoring in Economics and French with a minor in Math. Probably starting my PHd in Economics next year. Hopefully at UPenn - keep your fingers crossed guys.
biggrin.gif

Aug 22, 2005 at 7:14 AM Post #37 of 52
Graduated from Grinnell College last May with a degree in Biochemistry.

Currently taking a year off before applying to grad school.

In the meantime, I'm conducting research at the Salk Institute. See my profile for more details.

-Matt

Aug 22, 2005 at 7:41 AM Post #38 of 52
2nd Year Grad school medical student at Rush University Medical College in Chicago.

Graduated from University of Illinois at Chicago in 2004 with a biology major and psychology minor.

3 more years and I'm free!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Aug 22, 2005 at 12:18 PM Post #39 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joey_V
2nd Year Grad school medical student at Rush University Medical College in Chicago.

Graduated from University of Illinois at Chicago in 2004 with a biology major and psychology minor.

3 more years and I'm free!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Joey are you pursuing an MD? or a PhD?

Aug 22, 2005 at 3:15 PM Post #41 of 52
Man I miss college. But having homework stinks.

believe it or not, it's worth doing the following - "STUDY LIKE HELL!" no benny hill benders, guys! that GPA follows you a loooong time. once you are in the biz world your resume can stand on its own, but it will be a while until you won't be asked for your transcript or listing your GPA on a resume. try, hmm, 10 years for me hehe! therefore, make the numbers match, even if you have to take Rocks for Jocks or Moons for Goons to do it. in fact, my geology prof wrote the rec to get me into my masters program, so you never know what an "easy A" course can do for you
evil_smiley.gif

oh, and try getting to sleep by midnight. your folks aren't around to tuck you in, so it's up to you not to stay up late for no reason, and miss class the next day. you burn thru that sleep bank quick.

ok enough lecturing, remember to party (on the weekends) and enjoy this last bastion of freedom!

Aug 22, 2005 at 4:01 PM Post #42 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
Man I miss college. But having homework stinks.

believe it or not, it's worth doing the following - "STUDY LIKE HELL!" no benny hill benders, guys! that GPA follows you a loooong time. once you are in the biz world your resume can stand on its own, but it will be a while until you won't be asked for your transcript or listing your GPA on a resume. try, hmm, 10 years for me hehe! therefore, make the numbers match, even if you have to take Rocks for Jocks or Moons for Goons to do it. in fact, my geology prof wrote the rec to get me into my masters program, so you never know what an "easy A" course can do for you
evil_smiley.gif

oh, and try getting to sleep by midnight. your folks aren't around to tuck you in, so it's up to you not to stay up late for no reason, and miss class the next day. you burn thru that sleep bank quick.

ok enough lecturing, remember to party (on the weekends) and enjoy this last bastion of freedom!

Excellent advice for sure. Another thing many seem to omit...actually do your readings! Don't leave them until the night before, week before heck even month before! Try to prepare for each class, if that is not possible, then reread the information that was covered in class. This is the ONLY way to get the most out of your education and really folks, what you get out of it is what you put into it.

Aug 22, 2005 at 4:57 PM Post #44 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by Teerawit
Joey are you pursuing an MD? or a PhD?

MD.

Aug 22, 2005 at 5:07 PM Post #45 of 52
I'm going to apply to grad schools this fall, I'm looking at PhD programs in Nutritional Epidemiology, Cellular & Molecular Nutrition, and probably just plain Biochemistry, and possibly a dual degree MS/MPH in something Nutritional.

But I will be taking an Anatomy & Physiology and/or Nutrition course this fall in preparation, I'm not looking forward to working full time plus classes plus grad school applications and all that crap...

This better be worth it
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back