College-Fi?
Jul 30, 2008 at 2:01 AM Post #16 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by CountChoculaBot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yall's stuff doesn't get stolen? I'm a senior at high school and I'm contemplating bringing my rig to whatever college I go to, but I'm kinda wary. I'm thinking of getting some cheap skullcandy headphones as bait so they don't steal the real goodies
smily_headphones1.gif

lol I was thinking that too. Maybe cover up all the good stuff with a blanket when you go out, and leave a pair of Bose or Skullcandy hanging near the door?

Jul 30, 2008 at 2:29 AM Post #17 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by CountChoculaBot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yall's stuff doesn't get stolen? I'm a senior at high school and I'm contemplating bringing my rig to whatever college I go to, but I'm kinda wary. I'm thinking of getting some cheap skullcandy headphones as bait so they don't steal the real goodies
smily_headphones1.gif

Know and befriend the people on your floor, try to never leave your door open with nobody in it, and always close/lock your door when you leave. If you do this you should be fine.

Jul 30, 2008 at 2:48 AM Post #18 of 30
Sophomore here.

I live in an apartment, my rig is as stated in the signature below.

Until I get my own place, I won't go full-blown home setup. I hardly spend time at home anyway, so that warrants it.

Jul 30, 2008 at 2:50 AM Post #19 of 30
Did my undergrad at Carleton University in Ottawa, Ontario. I had my PC and my discman; I didn't get an iPod until my 2nd year.

Currently doing my Master's at the University of Vermont. I have my own apartment, so I can pretty much "bring" anything I want.

Jul 30, 2008 at 3:05 AM Post #21 of 30
Going to be a sophmore at Drexel. I will be bringing my gilmore lite and hd650s. Last year I rbought my speaker rig too but I really didn't want to give up the space. Im even thinking about not bringing my 32" tv too... Good thing I don't leave till mid September.

Jul 30, 2008 at 3:48 AM Post #23 of 30
The problem is I don't have a good laptop. So I doubled the tv as my monitor for my desktop. Also it was nice to have my xbox hooked up. It served its purpose but I wish I had a better alternative (dual monitors maybe?).

Jul 30, 2008 at 9:55 AM Post #24 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by pat1006 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The problem is I don't have a good laptop. So I doubled the tv as my monitor for my desktop. Also it was nice to have my xbox hooked up. It served its purpose but I wish I had a better alternative (dual monitors maybe?).

That's too bad. If you were able to get your hands on a good laptop, it would solve all your problems with room to spare; i.e. gaming, music, homework, tv, internet, etc.

Jul 30, 2008 at 1:47 PM Post #25 of 30
Freshman at NYU, bringing everything (which is very little in the first place). Surprisingly enough college is going to be the most opportune time for me to buff up my collection.

Jul 30, 2008 at 2:15 PM Post #26 of 30
I'll be in a 3 bedroom appartment, so I'm not worried about theft. Bringing all this stuff is going to make packing and unpacking fun though.......

Jul 30, 2008 at 10:48 PM Post #30 of 30
I'll be a Junior at Hillsdale College in Michigan. I have a house in a area with no theft so I'll have everything

Users who are viewing this thread

Back