College Admissions Decisions for the Future Class of 2011
Mar 26, 2007 at 1:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 50

dhp

(formerly known as DieInAFire)
How exciting, UCs have already for the most part released their decisions, and the Ivies are releasing their decisions this Thursday, followed by a few others like Stanford the Monday following.

I do believe I've heard from MIT, UCLA, UCSD, and UCI and still waiting on Berkeley. I think there are a few other seniors here no?

Mar 26, 2007 at 1:17 AM Post #2 of 50
I got into everywhere I applied and will be going to Cincinnati College-Conservatory of Music (on the UC campus) next year for piano performance (on a significant talent based scholarship). I'm pretty excited about it - they only took around 25 students out of 250-300.

I have some friends at MIT, did you get in?

Mar 26, 2007 at 1:42 AM Post #3 of 50
Accepted:
UC Irvine -- Regents + Honors Program
UC Santa Barbara -- Regents + Honors Program
UC Davis -- Regents + Honors Program
UC San Diego -- Regents
UCLA -- [Yet to receive OFFICIAL acceptance, but got the Engineering Open House letter that basically means acceptance]
Cal Poly-SLO -- I'm sure I got some scholarship or something here, but I haven't bothered checking as it's one of my lower safeties

Waiting:
UC Berkeley

Mar 26, 2007 at 2:05 AM Post #5 of 50
Attending NC State next year and I couldn't be happier. It was really the only school I applied to that I cared about getting into. In state was a must for me and since I'm going for mechanical engineering it was really the only choice.

Mar 26, 2007 at 4:27 AM Post #8 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by Computerpro3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got into everywhere I applied and will be going to Cincinnati College-Conservatory of Music (on the UC campus) next year for piano performance (on a significant talent based scholarship). I'm pretty excited about it - they only took around 25 students out of 250-300.

I have some friends at MIT, did you get in?

err, yeah. so far I'm 5/5. I also forgot to mention USC

Mar 27, 2007 at 4:46 PM Post #9 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by taylor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Applied, accepted, and attending Stevens Inst. of Tech.

I'm the only person I know that only applied to one place...

I applied to two places for Graduate programs (two totally different programs though), I probably won't hear anything until April... the anticipation is killing me! Honestly, I'm much more excited about one than the other, but we'll see.

If all goes well, maybe I'll see you in Stevens! It's a long story, but if I get accepted to the Graduate program (the one I'm excited about) I might be doing an internship at Stevens.

Mar 27, 2007 at 5:54 PM Post #10 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by taylor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Applied, accepted, and attending Stevens Inst. of Tech.

I'm the only person I know that only applied to one place...

Me too.
biggrin.gif

Mar 27, 2007 at 6:30 PM Post #12 of 50
what the heck Bong I thought you were a working stiff like me! argh, what i wouldn't give to be chilling with the student body again! or as you kids call it, "chillaxing"
evil_smiley.gif

Mar 27, 2007 at 6:32 PM Post #13 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what the heck Bong I thought you were a working stiff like me! argh, what i wouldn't give to be chilling with the student body again! or as you kids call it, "chillaxing"
evil_smiley.gif

haha... if all goes well, i'll be chillin' with the student body AND be paid for it! i'm not going to jinx it, so i'll keep mum until i get the acceptance letter from NYU.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 27, 2007 at 6:42 PM Post #14 of 50
Applied to CUNY Baruch and Fordham. Got into Baruch and still havent heard from Fordham. 2 of my friends already got into Fordham so I am pretty sure I didnt get in... oh well, i am planning on transfering out to something better anyway.

Mar 27, 2007 at 6:45 PM Post #15 of 50
ahh Mr. Slacker, i might be stationed at Fordham Rose Hill campus too! hopefully, my internship will either be in Stevens, Pratt, or Fordham Rose Hill... it's all up in the air, all depends on NYU. pleez lemme in NYU!!!
biggrin.gif

oh, and i should add: for those who already got acceptance letters to your school of choice, CONGRATS!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back