College Acceptance-Fi
Jan 16, 2009 at 2:27 AM Post #16 of 101
Hope you get into Bing... its a fun party school

Jan 16, 2009 at 3:30 AM Post #17 of 101
I graduated high school in 1994. I start college on Monday. Should be fun.

Jan 16, 2009 at 3:32 AM Post #18 of 101
I got accepted into Rochester Institute of Technology for the Information Security and Forensics Major, and will be attending there in the Fall. Anyone else at RIT or in the Rochester area?

To the OP: I live about 10 minutes away from UHart.

Jan 16, 2009 at 3:32 AM Post #19 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSlacker /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If you're a buisness major
wink.gif

Parties at Bing are lame

and I go to bing right now. I'll be graduating this year though.
frown.gif

Jan 16, 2009 at 3:33 AM Post #20 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by jaykay /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey congratulations on your acceptance. I'm graduating this spring also. I'll be majoring in speech pathology and audiology at the University of Texas - Dallas. If things go as planned I'll move on to their audiology school (which is surprisingly ranked #4 in the nation). It'll be interesting for me, a native Houstonian and Rockets fan, to live in Dallas Maverick's country for the next 4-8 years of my life haha. But that won't be much of a problem because I've heard that Richardson/Dallas are great cities to live in.
smily_headphones1.gif

haha I'm a Knicks fan, good thing most of my main schools are in NY.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSlacker /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm not going for partying
tongue.gif

Jan 16, 2009 at 6:41 AM Post #23 of 101
I'm at University at Buffalo, I got something like 12 acceptance letters to various SUNYs and schools in Boston. I picked UB over Binghamton because UB has more focus on academics as opposed to binghamton that is focused mainly on the large collection of bars/hooka cafes surrounding their campus.

Jan 16, 2009 at 7:19 AM Post #24 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatto /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm at University at Buffalo, I got something like 12 acceptance letters to various SUNYs and schools in Boston. I picked UB over Binghamton because UB has more focus on academics as opposed to binghamton that is focused mainly on the large collection of bars/hooka cafes surrounding their campus.

I've been to both schools and I have to say that Bing focuses way more on academics if you're in a science/engineering major :p

Much more partying in the other majors tho

Jan 16, 2009 at 7:28 AM Post #25 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinp6301 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been to both schools and I have to say that Bing focuses way more on academics if you're in a science/engineering major :p

Much more partying in the other majors tho

Yeah I know, that is why one of my good friends is doing terribly, he started as a pre-med student but kept going to all the parties, he is now an eco major taking a 5th year.

UB is super nerdy for most of the majors (but I'm pre-med or biomedical science headed for a PhD.. still not completely decided) and there is a lot to do aside from drinking and hooka bars so I definitely think I made the right choice for me.

Jan 16, 2009 at 1:16 PM Post #26 of 101
Better to take longer and find out what you actually enjoy doing than to burn through school and wind up a few years later in a field you aren't content in.

Jan 16, 2009 at 6:51 PM Post #27 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by cash68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Better to take longer and find out what you actually enjoy doing than to burn through school and wind up a few years later in a field you aren't content in.

lol it isn't that he likes economics it's that he failed out of all the majors he wanted

Users who are viewing this thread

Back