Coldplay's two albums
Aug 20, 2003 at 2:17 PM Post #16 of 31
Quote:

Originally posted by finleyville
Oh, and I agree with jms007bnd007 on the discs.

While there are some great tracks from AROBTTH, I do not enjoy the whole disc. "Parachutes" IMO feels like one continuous musical theme. I love all of "Parachutes," however, I enjoy certain songs off of AROBTTH better that any song off of their first.

And am I the only one here that actually likes the song Clocks?

How come you didn't notice my previous post about Clocks?
frown.gif

Aug 20, 2003 at 2:23 PM Post #17 of 31
I did. I just didn't get the impression that you really liked it. It sounded like you were telling everyone else just to give it some more time. Sometimes (o.k. most of the time) I'm just stupid that way.
frown.gif

Aug 20, 2003 at 2:50 PM Post #18 of 31
Quote:

but it has a real fantastic song: Clocks. The piano loops of that song drives one into a never seen before realm... I know I am a bit exaggerated though.
biggrin.gif

I think I am being aggressive enough to express my love towards this song... Anyway, never mind.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 22, 2003 at 6:15 PM Post #19 of 31
The Scientist is the best song they have done, but AROBTTH def drops off after track 5.

Aug 22, 2003 at 8:22 PM Post #21 of 31
The Scientist is pretty boring if you ask me, however it has been played to death over here so it could just be that...

'Rush' is far more percussive than Parachutes, if you've seen the music for it you'll know exactly what i mean... its all bangin quaver block chords apart from Amsterdam.. thats not to say i don't like by any means, just prefer Parachutes as the more musical and laid back effort!

g

Aug 23, 2003 at 12:20 AM Post #22 of 31
Parachutes was way better than ROBTTH... Most of the tracks on their 2nd album I even find annoying...

IMHO:

The best tracks:
In my place (best song of the album)
Green Eyes
Rush of blood to the head

decent/ok tracks:
God put a smile on your place: OK song.. nothing great.
Scientist: Not bad.
Warning Sign: Not bad.
Amsterdam: ok..
Clocks: Once again nothing great.. (getting annoying, almost fell to the next category)

Plain horrible, annoying tracks:
Daylight: Weak...
Politik: "BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM OPEN UP YOUR EYES BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM"
Whisper: "A WHISPER, A WHISPER, A WHISPER *DE DANG DANG, DE DANG DANG, DE DANG DANG, DE DANG DANG"

If it wasn't for the top 3 tracks, I would consider it a very, very weak album...

Parachutes:

Great/Awesome tracks:
1. Don't Panic
2. Shiver
3. Spies (my favorite)
4. Sparks
5. Yellow
6. Trouble
7. Parachutes
8. High Speed

Ok/Good tracks:
9. We Never Change
10. Everything's Not Lost

I can easily go thru Parachutes, ROBTTH is impossible for me.. BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM OPEN UP YOUR EYES BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM OPEN UP YOUR EYES
eek.gif

Aug 23, 2003 at 4:43 PM Post #23 of 31
looks like im alone once again in thinking AROBTTH being the better of the two album. Parachute seemed 'catchy pop' without any substance imo.

Aug 23, 2003 at 4:52 PM Post #24 of 31
don't worry taoster you're not alone. I also like arobtth better than parachutes although i like parachutes a lot too.

lately whenever i listen to coldplay its usually late at night when i'm tired and in the mood to mellow out. arobtth is perfect music for that.

cheers!

MJ

Aug 23, 2003 at 7:19 PM Post #25 of 31
I have both, and like them both equally -- they're quite different, IMO.

Also, IMO, I think Clocks is one of the best singles to come along in years.

Aug 24, 2003 at 11:59 AM Post #26 of 31
doesnt anyone here like warning sign? it's my most played track on the second album.

of course then again it could have something to do with my ex, whom i still miss terribly.
frown.gif

Aug 24, 2003 at 6:25 PM Post #28 of 31
I've noticed that the word boring is getting thrown around a lot here. My brother listens to coldplay all the time and yeah, boring is the word that always jumps into my head too. BUT, like others have said, there are some good songs on the first album.

Aug 25, 2003 at 4:11 AM Post #29 of 31
I'll add my voice to the group who enjoys Clocks. That's my favorite of their tracks as well, with Trouble close behind. The minimalist in me loves the piano hooks on those two, so that probably explains it. I don't listen too closely to the lyrics anyways, so crap like "home, home, where I wanted to roam" doesn't have a negative effect on me.
biggrin.gif

Aug 25, 2003 at 4:23 AM Post #30 of 31
Quote:

Originally posted by adhoc
doesnt anyone here like warning sign? it's my most played track on the second album.

of course then again it could have something to do with my ex, whom i still miss terribly.
frown.gif

I dunno, I think my fave is green eyes, but that was shat upon earlier and I can kinda see why. That said, it's not my most played off the album, but I do like it the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back