Coldplay
Apr 23, 2002 at 6:42 AM Post #16 of 20
coolvij - I just heard this song called "Red" by Elbow, which reminded me a lot of Coldplay, and I instantly thought of this thread. Download this song, try it out, I think you'll like it quite a bit. (Trust me on this one....)

Apr 24, 2002 at 5:43 AM Post #18 of 20
I just bought Parachutes today. I also got the impression that they were sort of a watered down Radiohead, but in a good way. Their emotional communication is more direct and simple than Radiohead, and I like it better. I'll scrounge around to see if I can find those EP's.

Apr 24, 2002 at 4:06 PM Post #19 of 20
To me, the lead singer sounds like he is trying to emulate Jeff Buckley. "Shiver" was also my favorite song, but it sounds a lot like "Grace" from the Jeff Buckley album of the same name. Give him a shot, I think he's far better than Coldplay. I didn't think they sounded like Radiohead in the slightest, well, maybe just a tad bit like The Bends.

Apr 24, 2002 at 7:30 PM Post #20 of 20
Well, I got Travis' Invisible Band cd, and it's like coldplay, but less "dark" and more happily melancholy.....if u see where i'm getting (coldplay isn't dark......so......Travis is..........
eek.gif
).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back