Cold D2?
Apr 6, 2008 at 9:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

looli

New Head-Fier
I am probably going to buy D2. I heard lots about his coldness. Can it be well "repaired" with his EQ so that the sound would become similar to 8xx?

Apr 6, 2008 at 10:26 AM Post #2 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by looli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am probably going to buy D2. I heard lots about his coldness. Can it be well "repaired" with his EQ so that the sound would become similar to 8xx?

Hi, I bought the D2 1 month ago. And I do not think it is cold. I have used it first with the UE Super Fi 3 and I was surprised how mature the sound was. I have now the UE Triple Fi 10. The bass is rich and punchy (the equaliser is set to 1 1 0 1 1 and all effects off) and WARM. I do not know why people say it is cold. It is NOT. It is NOT. It is NOT. But it all depends on personal preferences. Just do not take the personal preferences on this forum as facts.

Apr 6, 2008 at 10:49 AM Post #4 of 11
Well, I do not know like the Sony sound. I have never heard them. I think the D2 can handle your kind of music. What headphones do you use?

Apr 6, 2008 at 11:12 AM Post #7 of 11
I am not going to tell you what the best solution is. I have not heard the se530 yet. But I can recommend you the Triple Fi. The fit is good (but I am going to order the Shure Black olive foams as they should be even better) and the sound is amazing. They sound good with all my music.

Apr 6, 2008 at 11:42 AM Post #8 of 11
I will be using iem's also for music monitoring while playing drums and as a reference to speakers while mixing/producing music. So they should be very good. As a DAP, it should be excellent as well. D2 is more linear in sound as I heard, which is definitely better for production, while A8xx is warmer in bass area (as they say) which may be better for "listen to the music" use.

What do you think? I really don't know what to buy and it's quite a budged. Do you think I would need an amp as well?

Apr 6, 2008 at 12:07 PM Post #9 of 11
Well, I think the D2 sounds linear when you mean good instrument sepapration and clarity. The EQ is very responsive to the Triple Fi. I do not know the Sony players. But I have the Sony W810i telephone and it sounds too boomy (I do not know if this is a reference...).

Apr 6, 2008 at 12:10 PM Post #10 of 11
And I do not think you will need an amp. The D2 has lots of power.

Apr 6, 2008 at 12:23 PM Post #11 of 11
D2 cold? NOT.

Unless I learn something today to change my mind, I'll be ordering the SE530s tomorrow. I looked at them, triple-fi 10, livewires and UM2. I'm not a fan of gear that has interchangeable parts, so I ruled out the SA6. My top two choices for what I listen to are the UM2 and SE530.

Hope that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back