Coffee Innovation! Must Try This!
Jun 21, 2005 at 7:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

Aman

Headphoneus Supremus
Hello guys. I was "absent" for a few days - but I'm back, and I bear good news!

I have just discovered the perfect way to enjoy good coffee on the go - no more Starbucks or coffee you make at home. This is the most amazing coffee I've ever tasted and it is so much more convenient!

I am talking about Wolfgang Puck's latest coffee. It has the same neutrient facts as any other coffee, and tastes much better than any sort of Starbucks coffee you can get. But that's not the best thing about this coffee:

THE CAN THE COFFEE COMES IN HEATS ITSELF

It takes a matter of 5-8 minutes, but imagine how useful this can be! I can wake up earlier now! I can just prepare this special can that the coffee comes in and let it do its business - and by the time I have gotten dressed, or shaved, or whatever, I can just pull the tab and walk out the door and then enjoy it on the train on my way to work.

I am telling you guys, this product will be big! I got a 6-pack for 12 dollars which in retrospect is a good value considering what is being sold for what kind of prices at other coffee shops. Yes, you will be paying for the self-heating can, but you also get a much more convenient experience, and, hey, you may get a promotion for arriving to work earlier than you used to
biggrin.gif

This is a site for them (not an official one, but enough for you guys to get a good picture of it) http://www.wpgourmetlattes.com/index.cfm?p=13&q=1 I don't know where this has become available yet, but I got mine at a place called "Five-O".

The stuff really tastes good. I am drinking a "rich mocha latte" right now
tongue.gif

Jun 21, 2005 at 8:37 PM Post #2 of 19
I picked up a 4 pack of the lattes and I agree they taste very good. The coffee was suprisingly rich and very creamy. My experience with the heating was that each can heated up to a different level. One can burned my tongue it got so hot, while one of the otheres barely got above room tempurature. Also, the can is pretty good sized but it doesn't hold a whole lot of coffee.

But I will definitely be buying more of these. They are great in the morning; just get it started, hop in the shower, and by the time you're out the coffee is ready to go.

MJ

Jun 21, 2005 at 8:51 PM Post #3 of 19
Interesting. I sure hope whatever they're using to make that exothermic reaction doesnt find its way into the drink!

Well, I'm a coffee purist... espresso shots all the way for me. But I will give this a try, just to see what the competition is brewing
wink.gif

Jun 21, 2005 at 9:18 PM Post #4 of 19
I'll pick some up if I see them, they sound interesting. Usually I just use the timer feature of my coffee machine to start bewing 5 minutes before my alarm goes off. Works pretty well.

Jun 22, 2005 at 3:34 AM Post #5 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by rmx
Interesting. I sure hope whatever they're using to make that exothermic reaction doesnt find its way into the drink!

Well, I'm a coffee purist... espresso shots all the way for me. But I will give this a try, just to see what the competition is brewing
wink.gif

Maybe its the same chemicals they used to use to make shaving cream that heated upon exposure to air.
confused.gif

Jun 22, 2005 at 3:39 AM Post #6 of 19
It looks so convenient, coffee anywhere even on the road 50 miles from any sign of civilization, which unfortunately for me happens pretty often. Too bad I'm very strict about choosing the amount of sugar and creamer in my coffee. It can't be too sweet or else I just won't drink it.

Does anyone know if they sell anything remotely cool in Kansas?

Jun 22, 2005 at 4:07 AM Post #8 of 19
I'm pretty picky about coffee, but I was wondering about using the cans to heat soup while camping. Seems like it would work, has anybody tried it? The cans might be too small, though. As long as I'm buying them, I'll give the coffee a try.

G

Jun 22, 2005 at 4:38 AM Post #9 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aman

I have just discovered the perfect way to enjoy good coffee on the go - no more Starbucks or coffee you make at home. This is the most amazing coffee I've ever tasted and it is so much more convenient!

I am talking about Wolfgang Puck's latest coffee. It has the same neutrient facts as any other coffee, and tastes much better than any sort of Starbucks coffee you can get. But that's not the best thing about this coffee:

THE CAN THE COFFEE COMES IN HEATS ITSELF

It takes a matter of 5-8 minutes, but imagine how useful this can be! I can wake up earlier now! I can just prepare this special can that the coffee comes in and let it do its business - and by the time I have gotten dressed, or shaved, or whatever, I can just pull the tab and walk out the door and then enjoy it on the train on my way to work.

I am telling you guys, this product will be big! I got a 6-pack for 12 dollars which in retrospect is a good value considering what is being sold for what kind of prices at other coffee shops. Yes, you will be paying for the self-heating can, but you also get a much more convenient experience, and, hey, you may get a promotion for arriving to work earlier than you used to
biggrin.gif

This is a site for them (not an official one, but enough for you guys to get a good picture of it) http://www.wpgourmetlattes.com/index.cfm?p=13&q=1 I don't know where this has become available yet, but I got mine at a place called "Five-O".

The stuff really tastes good. I am drinking a "rich mocha latte" right now
tongue.gif

yea i really hate starbucks coffe. It tastes way more acidic then normal coffe, and in a bad way if that makes sense.

Dunkin donuts coffe is good for me, or whatever coffe i take from my dad. He owns a coffe buisness. I'm not picky on coffe, but starbucks for the price is so bad...

I'll check out this wolfgang stuff sometime.

Jun 22, 2005 at 6:33 AM Post #10 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by HD-5000
Does anyone know if they sell anything remotely cool in Kansas?

Short answer: There is nothing remotely cool in Kansas outside of Douglas County except for Big Brutus and Laura Ingalls Wilder's childhood home.

Jun 22, 2005 at 10:06 AM Post #11 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aman

Aman, the start of this thread was funny; it sounded like you went on a "coffee walkabout", which I think might be interesting. In any case, this will be great to keep stored in the car, but I'm curious as to how much heat it can tolerate.

I must tell you that I have been known to ask people to drive 5 miles out of their way to find a Starbucks for me. However, I still look forward to Wolfgang's creation

Jun 22, 2005 at 2:46 PM Post #12 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by skiingemt
I'm pretty picky about coffee, but I was wondering about using the cans to heat soup while camping. Seems like it would work, has anybody tried it? The cans might be too small, though. As long as I'm buying them, I'll give the coffee a try.

G

I don't see how the cans could be used to heat soup, they are sealed and have warnings not to tamper with them. However, I saw Wolfgang Puck being interviewed on the news about his new coffee and he mentioned they were working on self heating soup and other food items. That would be really great, I would be buy some of that for sure.

MJ

Jun 22, 2005 at 5:00 PM Post #14 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevesurf
In any case, this will be great to keep stored in the car, but I'm curious as to how much heat it can tolerate.

It's got whole milk in it, so I'm skeptical about leaving it in a car.

It's like those starbucks shots you can buy in the little cans...the first ingredient is milk, yet it doesn't say anything about refrigeration on the label. It says 'serve chilled', but that's all...won't milk go bad?

Jun 22, 2005 at 8:20 PM Post #15 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmmmmm
It's got whole milk in it, so I'm skeptical about leaving it in a car.

It's like those starbucks shots you can buy in the little cans...the first ingredient is milk, yet it doesn't say anything about refrigeration on the label. It says 'serve chilled', but that's all...won't milk go bad?

I think that depends on whether it contains milk or "milk."

I've noticed that some brands of liquid coffee creamers do not need to be refrigerated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back