CODE 51 ·Limited Time Offer·【20% OFF】— 50 Units ONLY!
Jul 18, 2020 at 10:43 AM Post #16 of 26
First Chrome blocks the site due to invalid SSL certificate, then when I attempted to load using HTTP only, Malwarebytes blocks it due to a Trojan on the page.

FAIL
never had such problem before, not sure if you troll

If you have never heard of their cables before, I suggest you go try them at canjam before making any assumptions

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2020 at 12:03 PM Post #17 of 26
never had such problem before, not sure if you troll

If you have never heard of their cables before, I suggest you go try them at canjam before making any assumptions

I know of the cables. Thanks for your concern but your input was completely unnecessary.

Jul 18, 2020 at 12:48 PM Post #18 of 26
Price skimming at its finest.

Jul 18, 2020 at 2:10 PM Post #19 of 26
when a company says they choose their pricing carefully as that PR person did- I may be able to buy into their philosophy when selling to oil sheiks and the like - I mean $7,000 for IEM and $1910 for cable upgrades would bring the IEM to close to $9,000. Who in this world is buying this stuff? They claim to have sold 200 ($1910) cables - they said, " Effect Audio is proud to have launched this sale in conjunction with the 200th cable sale of Code 51 " - that's $382,000 in sales on just one cable - hard to fathom. Yet here we stand- I could think of a one thousand nine hundred and ten reasons why I would spend that money on something else- anything else than a cable. If I had that kind of money to blow I wouldn't even on a cable. I know this hobby is an addiction I get that- but what Thomas + Stereo talk about hit home so much- people where selling their 30K speakers to buy 3K speakers- why? many people think we are looking to spend more and more on our systems to make improvements, but as Thomas said, its just not true. What we are looking for is a gem for a lot of performance for the price- to spend less and get more- does that fit into this $1910 cable? I don't thinks so. But some 200 people did find these cables worth while somewhere and that is fine too.. just not for me.

Jul 19, 2020 at 12:37 AM Post #20 of 26
Should I buy this cable or an iBasso DX220 MAX.....decision decision?

By the way, this cable alone is more expensive than my IER-Z1R.

Jul 19, 2020 at 1:15 AM Post #21 of 26
You could put it on their $7k IEMs (which are, apparently, hot garbage). 🤣
I'm sorry but the 7K iems really rubbed me the wrong way when I saw the release. I have not heard the item myself so I can't say if it is worthwhile or not, but definitely had a bad first impression reaction upon 1st seeing.

Jul 24, 2020 at 2:39 AM Post #22 of 26
In my opinion, this is precisely what is wrong with the high-end audio industry.

I've invested over $10k in audio equipment over the last 4 months, but I would never ever in my wildest dream throw away money like this. Are some people this naive???

Companies introduce eye candy products like this using premium materials/packaging with COGS that is likely only a fraction of what they're charging consumers with no real justifiable benefits. This is no different than cramming crap ton of BA drivers into an IEM and charging customers $7K. Oh wait, I think they do that as well. Smh.

But hey why not, right? They'd stupid not to try since it would be a low-risk high-return investment. We as in consumers are the sheep dumb enough to fall for nonsense marketing and too easily give up our hard earned money on a statement product like this.

This is like slapping on a bunch of diamonds on an iPhone and selling it for $100K.

Maybe I'm just being nosy, as I would never buy a product like this, but it just boils my blood knowing that companies can get away with almost anything nowadays.

Anyways, who am I to judge right??

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2020 at 2:54 AM Post #23 of 26

Users who are viewing this thread

Back