Cocobolo Darth Beyers + Stand Arrived!
Aug 21, 2006 at 4:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 38

alex_cs

100+ Head-Fier
Hey dudes,

Finally my wait is over! Its a long long wait for a Heapdhile can, probably feels longer than it is, but worth it times 10.

Ill let the pictures do the talking really, the sound is overwhelmingly bassy but still crystal clear mids and highs. I have less than 2 hours on these cans, and already the bass has tightened significantly. So this isnt really a review, more just a show off of these beautiful cans!

Enjoy
smily_headphones1.gif

darth-beyer_01.jpg
darth-beyer_04.jpg
darth-beyer_02.jpg

Also got the Senn V2 Blacksilver for the HD600's, its made an awesome can even better. I have nothing but praise for Larrys work, functional, beautiful, precise, courteous. Faultless
600smile.gif

Aug 21, 2006 at 5:02 AM Post #3 of 38
Congrats! Matching stand too! Hope you don't mind that a did a bit of color correction on the first, it looked a bit yellow-

darth-beyer_01.jpg

Aug 21, 2006 at 5:07 AM Post #5 of 38
i really miss my bass. curse you, sister!

one more for the road- gorgeous stuff!
darth-beyer_0.jpg

Aug 21, 2006 at 5:41 AM Post #8 of 38
well thanks go to larry, i saw cocobolo and went thats gotta be it, i was originally going for paduak.

the only other thing i want to get are the genuine leather pads from beyer, my local distributor isnt answering emails or calls. would anyone know how to get some of these, even if someone in germany coulld get some and send them to me. (beyer germany fobbed me off to the aussie distributor as well, so no luck there)

anyway, let me know if you have some or know how to get some.

thanks.

Aug 21, 2006 at 2:43 PM Post #10 of 38
Fantastic! Congrats on your setup. I too have the coco Darth Beyers and stand -- they are a pleasure to look at, and even more of a pleasure to listen to
rs1smile.gif

Aug 21, 2006 at 2:50 PM Post #11 of 38
Congrats on the new Headphiles. The Cocobolo is the one wood I still want for a stand.

Aug 21, 2006 at 5:02 PM Post #12 of 38
Fancy setup you have there alex_cs. In fact, that almost looks like the setup I will have in a little while.

Please be sure to list your impressions on the Darth Beyers when you get used to them, pretty please ^_^

Aug 21, 2006 at 7:08 PM Post #13 of 38
very nice...i also am expecting some headphile goodness this week. that is some beautiful worksmanship...

Aug 21, 2006 at 7:38 PM Post #14 of 38
I got a nice pair of Cocobolo headphones in the mail just now!

GS1000coco2.jpg

Custom Coco GS1000's
rs1smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back